Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

Phantom 2 First Flight and SW Up Date

Discussion in 'Phantom 2 Discussion' started by CaptMike, Aug 2, 2014.

1. CaptMike

Second post.

After lurking here, watching and reading I pulled the trigger yesterday on a Phantom 2 with H3-3D. Amazon had a Next Day option for $12.95 so the new Toy arrived today.

While charging the battery I Downloaded the 3.2 Update. After the battery charged up I powered up the copter and tried to update it. After numerous tries and fails I down loaded the Drivers and got the update loaded but... My computer started locking up and Crashing. Saw the Blue Screen of Death twice. After trying to re-boot the computer... when it did come up I tried to connect to the Controller and couldn't did another re-boot and REMOVED ALL THE DJI Software! Just loaded the Phantom Software on a Laptop and still can't get the software to connect to the Controller (DJ6). I got the Drivers loaded but the Software will not connect to the DJ6. What am I missing? (Checking the Drivers it's showing everything is OK.)

OK... Going for broke, I Calibrated the Compass. Powering everything up the GPS Leds flashed Green and So I Went Outside. Got to play about 10 minutes before it started sprinkling rain again. Pretty fun for an Old Guy. I made several take-off's and landings Before I moved it in any other direction.

(I have not mounted the H3-3D yet.)

Checking the Phantom Updates Page

Main Controller 3.06
    GPS---
    Receiver-Phantom2
    P330CB 1.0.1.32
    Battery

Connecting the Controller to the Laptop it sill will not connect to the Phantom Software. Ideas?

2. xgeek

I assume you are using the RC assistant to connect to the controller rather than the Phantom assistant?

3. CaptMike

Opening the "DJI Phantom 2 Assistant" with the Controller connected to the computer the SW just stops. If I hit "SKIP" the SW will Open but going to the "RC" tab, I can not get them to communicate.

4. OI Photography

The P2 Assistant software is to be used when you have the Phantom itself connected. For the controller, you'll need to use the separate RC Assistant software.

5. CaptMike

THANK YOU OI Photo!

Found the RC Assistant. ;) Downloaded it and did the Update without any problem.

I'm still Baffled by the "RC" tab in the Phantom SW.

If it would stop raining I'd go back outside. :mrgreen:

The Learning Curve can be rough on us old Folk!