Phantom 2 ESC /Motor problems

Reaction score
have a Phantom 2 that I have has a ESC/Motor problem. When the Phantom is turned on, the lights on the Phantom blink one time and you hear a faint click, it then turns off. I think the click is coming from the left from motor, It tries to turn when you try to turn the Phantom on. Has anyone come up with away to test the ESC and motor without taking them out of the Phantom or away to test them after you take them out?

Have you ever installed and then removed prop guards?
The long screws used with the guards will damage the motors if used without the guards.

The motors are usually fine unless the have been damaged in a crash or stalked with power applied.

ESCs can be damaged by the same stalling of a motor. The only way for most to test is to swap with known good units.

Thanks for the reply. I have found the problem, the ESC was bad. I gave up trying to find a way to test the ESC and Motor as a unit. I first took the motor off and used an airplane ESC to test it and it was fine. I then replaced the ESC and remounted the motor and that solved the problem. If anyone knows how to test the ESC out side the Phantom, I would like to here from you.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj