Phantom 2 ESC and motors combo question

Reaction score
Hi all,

I had purchased online Phantom 2 around Christmas. It was advertised as

DJI Phantom 2 V3 Upgraded w/ H3-3D for GoPro Hero3+ Hero4 Black UAV GPS Drone

The all new Phantom 2 V3 features upgraded motors, ESC boards, propellers, compass as well as a newly designed remote control. The NPVT581 rc transmitter now has a built in rechargeable lithium battery that eliminates the previous need for AA batteries. It also features a gimbals control dial, 4 L.E.D. battery level indicator and trailer port allowing you to use it with flight simulators on your computer. The all new 2312 motors has new bearings, stator technology, insulation coating, and electromagnetic design which all improve heat dissipation, efficiency, output power, and aerodynamic performance. The DJI Phantom V3 also includes 8 x 9450 propellers which are designed to provide extra thrust and better power efficiency. Lastly, the V3's all new compass module comes with a protective shell to prevent static. Please see the photo gallery for additional details of the upgrades.

The description makes me believe that it has to have the newest ESC and motors. The motors are 2312 according to this document:

158731075.NmzhHUFU.compatability1.jpeg

According to the same document my ESC which has no version number on it and has blue mark on the capacitors is not compatible with 2312 motors.

The P2 came with the new RC with the wheel for the gimbal and 9450 props.

Should I be concerned about the ESC's /no ver. number and blue mark/ or I am ok?

I read a lot of information regarding this issue and I am confused.

I found out about my ESC since yesterday I opened the shell to install my FPV.

The good part is that the seller is listed as one of the 5 authorized DJI sellers and it is local.

Please advise if there is issue that had to be addressed.

Thank you

P. S. Also the GPS shield is only over the gps module, not like shown on some pics online extending in the arms area.

I had the same ESCs fitted to my P2 from new with the 2312s and the other upgrades.

I have asked the question about the provenance of such ESCs a number of times, of a number of DJI dealers in the UK, and they are united that there is no problem with the ESCs and DJI has not told them there is.

I had 25 flights or so without any ESC issues. I did then bottle it, and fit 2.1 ESCs just to take that nagging doubt away.

I suspect that since the only difference between pre 2.0 and 2.0 ESCs, (and between 2.0 and 2.1 ESCs) is software (the hardware is identical), the ESCs with no white version label were simply the first off the line and were flash upgraded to 2.0 and fitted without relabelling.

We will never know. I'm fed up with asking the question. It's like a conspiracy :)

stan said:
What is actualy making me nervous is the document in my first post - it says that this combo is not compatible:(

You should speak to your supplier about it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.