Phantom 2 + Dronexpert RX100 kit + DJI iOSD-mini

Dronexpert just responded to my email to them this morning which said, "Could I please have the courtesy of a reply to my two previous emails". This was the reply I received (coincidentally an hour after I made an unfavourable comment on their FB page) :

Thank you for your email.
Can you please email us your question?

Best regards,
Giel Zwaan
www.dronexpert.nl

I don't belieeeeve it! :x

So it looks like they will only respond to people saying nice things about their lash up bodge job. I looked on facebook Peter but I couldn't find the section you refer to. The only thing I saw was a vimeo video link where currently new punters are asking questions about it.

That is great service - reading between the lines maybe they have had authority from DE to offer this. I agree this just shows the power we as consumers now have thanks to the internet. It is a bit odd that Studiosport referred to it as a gimbal (please tell me i have missed something and it does gimbal ;))

Have you decided which offer to accept Peter ? (understand if you prefer not to say).

Shrimpfarmer said:
So it looks like they will only respond to people saying nice things about their lash up bodge job. I looked on facebook Peter but I couldn't find the section you refer to. The only thing I saw was a vimeo video link where currently new punters are asking questions about it.

If you click 'comments' and then 'see all 5 comments' you'll eventually get to see mine.

Stop press. Reply from Dronexpert just arrived.

I daren't type anything other than to copy their email for you to see :

Thank you for your email.
You have received the new model of the RX100 mount.
This mount is compatible with the RX100 1&2.
On the website you can see the old mount.
The new model is stronger.

If you want it repaired, they we will do the repair for free.
We only will charge the shipping costs (€39,-).
This is the address where you can send it to.
Robor electronics BV
Bentelosestraat 58
7497 MR Bentelo

Please add a note within the package with you name and address on it.
We will solve it in the right way with you.

Feel free to ask if you have further questions.

Best regards,
Giel Zwaan
http://www.dronexpert.nl

OK, I will comment ......

I took off (first time flight with this mount).
I took a photo.
I landed.
The mount broke.
The new model is not frickin' stronger (unless carbon-fibre is weaker than cheap formica type plastic?)
QED

:evil: :twisted: :evil: :twisted:

Peter Evans said:
stereojet said:
Great service from Studiosport. Have Dronexpert not responded yet Peter?

No they haven't, Tom, and so I've just made a comment on their Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/dronexpert?ref=ts&fref=ts where they have a section for this mount.
I found the section on DE's FB page for your mount. I opened up every comment. Your comment has been removed, apparently.

Bigbells said:
Peter Evans said:
stereojet said:
Great service from Studiosport. Have Dronexpert not responded yet Peter?

No they haven't, Tom, and so I've just made a comment on their Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/dronexpert?ref=ts&fref=ts where they have a section for this mount.
I found the section on DE's FB page for your mount. I opened up every comment. Your comment has been removed, apparently.

Do you mean that Vimeo section down to the bottom left? I just looked, opened up the comments and I can see it there. Or is that because I'm looking at my own comment (Facebook is so weird in the way it works)

However, now that they've really pissed me off I will actually go and make a comment in the general section.

Take the refund from Studiosport and walk away with your free mount.

Even though it seems like low grade cobbled together crap, it works.

Mmmm Dronexpert I thought you were a professional outfit not a bunch of shysters. Removing negative feedback is such a stupid thing to do. Answer the feedback and demonstrate that you stand by your product. The mount as sold is not fit for purpose. I feel annoyed for you Peter. To be honest it looks like you could just use their crappy material to cut out the required shape in carbon fibre. Why on earth you should have to do that though is beyond me. There is absolutely no point sending that back for repair. Why do they think another slab of cheapo plastic will be any stronger than the first.

stereojet said:
Take the refund from Studiosport and walk away with your free mount. Even though it seems like low grade cobbled together crap, it works.

I think you might have misread the offer, Tom. I only get the refund (or a credit) if I return the mount!!

I agree with you about the rest.

But, to be honest, the fact that it's made of plastic wouldn't really matter if it were placed differently on the Phantom, out of harm's way. What it needs is some different legs, something like this
train-atterrissage-alware-carbone-pour-dji-phantom.jpg

to be included with the kit. This costs 45 euro retail so, take away the tax and the profit, and what would the wholesale cost to Dronexpert be? 15-20 euro? Not much to include and it would make everyone a happy customer. There are several cheap leg extensions around. I've seen some for as little as 15 USD, retail.

All they then need to do is to devise a way for their mount to sit up between the legs, away from the ground. A thin piece of Wedi board would do it (super light and super strong) or, guess what Dronexpert, a shelf made from CARBON-FIBRE would work.

Thought it was too good to be true.

If only someone else would come up with something.

I really don't understand why they changed the design and materials. Cheaper to make maybe?

I wonder how their other products are.

Shrimpfarmer said:
Mmmm Dronexpert I thought you were a professional outfit not a bunch of shysters. Removing negative feedback is such a stupid thing to do. Answer the feedback and demonstrate that you stand by your product. The mount as sold is not fit for purpose. I feel annoyed for you Peter. To be honest it looks like you could just use their crappy material to cut out the required shape in carbon fibre. Why on earth you should have to do that though is beyond me. There is absolutely no point sending that back for repair. Why do they think another slab of cheapo plastic will be any stronger than the first.

Yep, you're correct, they have removed that comment on the Vimeo video, plus the comment I made on their 'Wall' is gone too. But I don't care because they'll have a job to remove my YouTube review and my Blog review when I get them done next week ;)

I've just been dealing with emails from Studiosport who are being really very helpful, even to the point of their technical guys trying to devise a way to fit the mount between some longer legs. Good eh?

The clever bit of their mount is the FPV bit - you would think that after all that effort they would get the lo-tech plastic bit right.

How many others on here are seriously considering buying this mount (or want to fly a RX100) ?

Sledge said:
2 questions (new to thread)Is this kit worth a try after all considered?

Would it be fittable to this package (which I ordered last night) http://aerialmediapros.com/store/home/5 ... -pack.html

Thanks in advance! Dave

Yes Dave, it is worth a try (IMHO) once one accepts and can overcome the design faults. I mean it still works and using the RX100 gives fabulous images (and I expect I will demonstrate at the weekend) great video too; but the mount could be a lot better, without too much extra thought and for just a 2% cut in profit. And, frankly, for the money, it should be done a lot better.

Regrettably though, for you Dave that's all irrelevant; I've just checked your link and what you've ordered is strictly for use with a GoPro.

pault said:
The clever bit of their mount is the FPV bit - you would think that after all that effort they would get the lo-tech plastic bit right. How many others on here are seriously considering buying this mount (or want to fly a RX100) ?

I bet there are scores of people who would want to get an RX100 in the air if the price was right. Dronexpert haven't learned the first rule of successful retailing, "You need to offer the right product, at the right time, at the right price and the right price is a price your potential customer is prepared to pay". (Back in the day I worked for almost nine years in management with Marks & Spencer when they were recognised as the best retailer in the world. Yes OK, it was a long time ago!).

The second rule of successful retailing follows from that, and it's, "You're far better off selling thirty widgets at £100 each than three widgets at £200 each."

Oh, and the third rule is, "You CANNOT advertise one thing and deliver something different." Hmmm, on second thought perhaps that's not a rule of retailing, perhaps that's the law

Because of the way it's constructed and mounted, this platform is perceived as poor value for money yet it does the job perfectly. So, for very little more effort given over to design and presentation and with a reduction in price, it could look great value for money and would be in great demand. And don't forget that the monitor is a DVR too (Dronexpert don't even make mention of that fact in their marketing!)

Seems very short sighted of dronexpert.

lets hope someone comes along soon and produces a good system at a fair price.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik