Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

Phantom 2 drifts after rotation

Discussion in 'Phantom 2 Discussion' started by MJB, Oct 14, 2014.

1. MJB

MJB

I was thinking this was all part of the compass issue, but now that that has apparently been fixed, I guess I am having a different problem.
    My Phantom 2 will hover, but when I rotate on its axis without moving the direction stick, it will drift in the direction it is rotating. This makes me totally uncomfortable when flying, since I always have to correct it, and when it has been rotating, there is that short moment that I don't know which way is forward.

Is this a balancing problem that I am not aware of? I have the H3-3D Gimbal, GoPro, iOSD mini, transmitter and antenna attached to the bottom. I wasn't aware of any balancing I needed to do.

Does anyone know about this, or had this issue?

I looked in the forum but could not see it in the topics.

2. andersonpaac

Do a full imu calibration. I had the same problem

3. Joel_t

Pretty sure it's quite normal to have yaw drift. I and many others experience it and once the yaw is finished you should find it will return to its position. There are a few posts here explaining it.

4. Damon

Notice it more on latest firmware. Kind of random, but seems to tighten up later in flight.

5. ElGuano

Yep, it's normal. Everyone at one point or another "notices it start happening" after some change or firmware update, but it's usually just because that's when they notice it. Just a little bit of a breeze can cause it, and every version of Phantom has had yaw drift on rudder. Naza simply gives up a lot of position-hold authority when you turn.

6. isky172

The Phantom 2 yaw problem is well documented and unavoidable. It's just one of those things you'll have to get used to/adjust for when you rotate.