Phantom 2 drifting more than ever on GPS mode

Reaction score
The lateral drifting today in GPS mode was so bad that while looking down at my controller for just three seconds or so and then looking back up my P2 had drifted 7 or 8 feet into a hedge and crashed...... I have done a recent compass calibration "dance"....

Have you also tried an advanced IMU calibration?

Regards, Gerd

Just a minor bump on day one back in July which never caused any problems (travelling very slowly and landed on its side when I brought her in to land) at the time and I went as far as to put new props on it just to be safe. I also checked inside for any loose solders, anything else untoward, etc, etc.... As for the calibration "dance" - absolutely no metal structures within the local area, just a green field..... Also tried it in my garden far away from the house and got the same result.

I tried the advanced calibration this morning and it is maybe ever so slightly better but still get the drift..... This is particularly a problem if I want to go up vertically and by the time I am at say 200 feet the Phantom 2 has drifted 10m or so either direction laterally, and this is on a calm day - and worse in the wind I think? I am looking at it and it struggles to maintain the same altitude - the variation is much more than when I bought it new and also as seen in YouTube videos which show similar setups to my own. I get like a metre variation vertically either way as if it is struggling even on a calm day - it was never like this so I know what normal should be like.

It has the general stuff fitted properly - the Zenmuse H33D, GoPro Hero3+, iOSD Mini, and ImmersionRC 600 with Spironet V2. Nothing out of the ordinary.

Me too - sounds like an identical setup and problem. I've read in the past (but haven't gone back looking for it) info on how the gains work and what they do about this.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BoguSlav