Phantom 2 doesn't light or power up

Reaction score
I have flown my Phantom now 3 times and installed a gimbal. It got messed up and bricked so I reset it and it was fine I then added a Immersion RC 600mw 5.8 GHz A/V Transmitter. I charged my battery and then put it in my phantom I hit the button once then hold it like I always have till it fired up. Now it just lights up the green bars on the battery and the leds under the propellers flicker reddish for a split second then absolutely nothing. CAN SOMEONE PLEASE HELP

Are you saying that you are not getting the startup sequence as in this video.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Reactions: Benvg
No it doesn't even do a start up cycle or anything. I hit the battery once then twice and hold, the lights flicker red and I mean super soft flicker. I have never had a problem with it till now

Have you tried removing or disconnecting the stuff you added?
Seems like this is what had changed, no???

You'll need to work backwards.
Divide & Conquer.

Yeah I unplugged the gimbal, nothing and I just soldered the transmitter wires so I can't really go back on that part. But no solder or heat got anywhere it shouldn't have so I don't know why that would effect anything

Last edited:
From someone who is not totally advanced in this area that sounds terrible, is it something that is fixable without breaking the bank again (buying all this stuff) or is it a send in sort of thing

Yeah I unplugged the gimbal, nothing and I just soldered the transmitter wires so I can't really go back on that part. But no solder or heat got anywhere it shouldn't have so I don't know why that would effect anything

You may have soldered the wires for the TX but you can remove the cam connector from it's socket which is right in front of the gimbal socket. Since you soldered those wires together there is a possibility you may have a solder bridge causing the problem you are having. Also check the battery wires at the edge of the main board that you don't have a cold connection. You know that there is a plug n play cable available for the TX which didn't require soldering. There's also a plug n play cable for the TX and mini iOSD for on screen telemetry if you decided to add that later..

I forgot to ask you if the battery powers-up OK when not in the quad?

I brought it into a shop today and found out that the quad is just ruined not totally sure how they said it could just be a manufacturing problem or something. So I am sending it back and getting a new one UGH but hopefully it won't have problems. Thanks for all the replies and hopefully it never happens to you guys

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.