Phantom 2 does not go high

• Thread starter Deleted member 19326
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 19326

Hi all
i recently bought dji phantom 2 and it doesn't want to go higher than a 7 storage building!
I have changed the altitude limit to 1000 meters with the Phantom assistant several times but nothing changes.
I have a good gps signal when i fly it (7 satellites last time)

Can anyone help me?

I believe this might be the problem since i am just 2.5 km away from London city airport!
Thank you for your reply. I also have a few more problems with my Phantom 2.

viewtopic.php?f=26&t=26850

I would appreciate it if you could help!

I remember lots of people complaining about DJI's no fly zones when they first came out. This is a perfect example of why it is a very important feature and very much needed.

If you are only 2.5km from London City airport, be very careful where you fly. Remember, in the UK, it is illegal to fly within 150m of any built up area. This means you cannot fly over a village, town or city. Limit your flying to the bigger parks and outdoor spaces and stay well away from homes and businesses.

Why would someone change the limit to 1000m while operating in one of the busiest airspaces in the world, correction, THE busiest airspace?
I have only a local airfield (for private aviation) 20km from my home and I wouldn't dare to take it any higher than 300m. I admit, I tried 500m once but realised it was totally unnecessary and stupid. Those private planes often go below that and you are in their airspace before you know it.

And besides, through a Gopro, 300 or 500m doesn't make that much difference in perspective. I've set limits on both my quads to 300m (legal here).

lake_flyer said:
Why would someone change the limit to 1000m while operating in one of the busiest airspaces in the world, correction, THE busiest airspace?
I have only a local airfield (for private aviation) 20km from my home and I wouldn't dare to take it any higher than 300m. I admit, I tried 500m once but realised it was totally unnecessary and stupid. Those private planes often go below that and you are in their airspace before you know it.

And besides, through a Gopro, 300 or 500m doesn't make that much difference in perspective. I've set limits on both my quads to 300m (legal here).

agree 100% have flown higher but brought it back down, i see no need to be going 500' + but that is my personal opinion

I would like to point out something here. The reason we are having drones banned from flying in the UK , USA and now the rest of the world is because everyone wants to go as high as they can and as far as they can. If you have just purchased your drone and want to fly it that high you're on the wrong path... Before pushing the boundaries and wanting to set records in hight and distance, learn how to fly the drone... Learn how to nose in orbit, rotate outwards and track an object.... try floating eights.... learn the basics of course lock and what happens when things go wrong. Stay away from going 500 m up because without learning proper control you're setting yourself up for a disaster of note and a quick loss of a few hundred dollars or a quite a few hundred pounds. If you don't know the limits of the unit you are flying how can you fly safely... ? The problem with drones are we see them as toys... Adjust your mindset and start flying like real pilots do, thinking about safe take off zones, clearance, approach angles, wind velocity and direction and most importantly , other BIGGER things that fly !!

I put limit to 1000m just to see if that was the problem! I didn't intend to fly 1km in the sky!

If you are going straight up above you, that may be the problem.
Straight up is the most tricky angle to get good radio signal.
By flying out you'll be able to get more height.

https://www.mapbox.com/drone/no-fly/

Awesome idea!

Airport/airspace is not our only issue.

What a lot of phantom pilots may not realize is that a TFR (Temporary Flight Restriction) can pop up anywhere quickly. As a pilot, I am subscribed to the FAA's alerts for TFR's. I haven't even thought of that, but what do you think the Secret Service would do should a phantom pilot violate a TFR (given the height/distance parameters) where the POTUS is visiting?

I'd hate to be the one on the receiving end of that interrogation!

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic