Phantom 2 crazy

Reaction score
In the video you can see, In the beggining it starts to go up all alone, it happened sometimes in the flight so i decided to tape it to show to see if you could help. You can also see that it goes down all alone and almost crashes.

I openned the phantom and the that grey protection in the GPS was bit f*** so I tried to repair it. It was better, but the phantom was always to shaky.

http://youtu.be/nhHEum50TPE

That looks like poor compass calibration. Do an "Advanced IMU Calibration" in Phantom Assistant software, making sure your Phantom is in a level surface, and then do a compass calibration out in the field.

I actually see a lot more issues than just your rise and dive problem. You have pretty considerable lateral drift as well.
When a Phantom is hovering, with good GPS and everything set up correctly, it should be pretty rock solid. Not moving at all but for a bit of wind.

Have you calibrated your sticks? Your IMU? your compass?

It's hard to see the LEDs in the video... were they all green? ie - are you sure you were flying in GPS mode? How many satellites did you have locked?

It's also a little hard to tell what type of platform you're flying. Is it a Vision? FC40? Straight Phantom 1 or 2?

The grey protection over the GPS is always a bit f'd. The factory never seems to be able to get that on very cleanly, from what I've seen. But it could indicate that the GPS has been serviced or damaged, which would explain the lateral drift. But altitude is not controlled via GPS, so it's not the root of your rise n' dive. If everything else checks out, and you're sure you have it all calibrated properly, you might also have a bad barometer.

ProfessorStein said:
I actually see a lot more issues than just your rise and dive problem. You have pretty considerable lateral drift as well.
When a Phantom is hovering, with good GPS and everything set up correctly, it should be pretty rock solid. Not moving at all but for a bit of wind.

Have you calibrated your sticks? Your IMU? your compass?

It's hard to see the LEDs in the video... were they all green? ie - are you sure you were flying in GPS mode? How many satellites did you have locked?

It's also a little hard to tell what type of platform you're flying. Is it a Vision? FC40? Straight Phantom 1 or 2?

The grey protection over the GPS is always a bit f'd. The factory never seems to be able to get that on very cleanly, from what I've seen. But it could indicate that the GPS has been serviced or damaged, which would explain the lateral drift. But altitude is not controlled via GPS, so it's not the root of your rise n' dive. If everything else checks out, and you're sure you have it all calibrated properly, you might also have a bad barometer.

Its a P2.

Yeah the lateral drift in the second battery was a little better. The LEDS were all green althought after I landed it beggan to green, red, red.

I was flying in GPS mode. I did the normal compass calibration before.

This happened after i calibrated the radio. The first time was in the store and it was ok.

I followed this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h2zNT6kHoEM

I`m gonna do an advance calibration now to see what happens.

PS: After this day I used the phantom once and it didn´t behave like this.

These are my gains

gains.jpg

This is before calibration:

Before_callibration.jpg

During callibration this message appeared. I think a bit strange to appear this. Second time appeared again.

Durante.jpg

no, you have to wait 5 mins, then press it again and it continues.

i ve watched your video, pls check your balance of the props as well.

After calibration:

http://youtu.be/F3lyaZi9AgQ

You can also hear in the last seconds (when P2 is near the camera) a strange noise. An acute noise.

Some flights ago my phantom crashed (my fault in Manual mode), and I realised that one motor was very hot and with strange smell. When I arrived home I oppened the P2 and it looked ok. No micro fractions, nothing burned. Nut maybe the noise is from that motor!?!

Ti@goo said:
A

You can also hear in the last seconds (when P2 is near the camera) a strange noise. An acute noise.

Some flights ago my phantom crashed (my fault in Manual mode), and I realised that one motor was very hot and with strange smell. When I arrived home I oppened the P2 and it looked ok. No micro fractions, nothing burned. Nut maybe the noise is from that motor!?!

This is just me perhaps - but if the crazy behavior started happening after the crash, and you had a hot motor with a strange smell, and you are having a strange sound.... I would replace that motor. It could very well be that something in the motor is damaged and the Phantom is trying to send more power to the motor and is causing all kinds of weirdness.

IMO - the crash seems to be the likely culprit -

I haven´t replaced anything yet,When I plug the phantom to the PC it asks me to do a advanced calibration but it never ends.. ALso now the phantom is ALLWAYS with light in red-green-yellow that means Power On Self test, and it doesn`t start.

(The values in MOD are normal..)

Before the motors started but now it only flashes in that sequence...

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl