Phantom 2 crazy after installing new propellers

shrill mute said:
d4ddyo said:
OK buddy. I don't know where you learned english[sic} but I stated that you personally won't notice a difference because you do not see any issue...

It's not that I don't see an issue but rather the fact that there is no issue. Big difference. Perception vs. reality.

Telling folks that they will notice a difference if they would only balance their props is silly - especially when you have no idea about the quality of video that they are already capturing.

Have you tried it? Screen shot your balancer.

shrill mute said:
d4ddyo said:
OK buddy. I don't know where you learned english[sic} but I stated that you personally won't notice a difference because you do not see any issue...

It's not that I don't see an issue but rather the fact that there is no issue. Big difference. Perception vs. reality.

Telling folks that they will notice a difference if they would only balance their props is silly - especially when you have no idea about the quality of video that they are already capturing.

Everyone listen to to shrill mute. he's the expert at props the dii phantom, and Aerial Photography. whatever. You are entitled to your opinion. tell everyone else how right you are. not my problem.

d4ddyo said:
shrill mute said:
d4ddyo said:

Have you tried it? Screen shot your balancer.

Yes, I have tried it. And for the third (fourth?) time, I do not have any rolling shutter issues.

You seem to be struggling with YMMV.

shrill mute said:

Man... YMMV is relative and subjective to YOU. you can't quantify results. For me if i get no jello vs jello in ONE shot ... the one footage captured that i wish I had no jello that I can use or keep for my enjoyment thats enough.

and if this guy wants to use his carbon fiber props... and not have flight issues... well let him balance his props for 27 dollar and a few minutes of time. Big deal.

d4ddyo said:
shrill mute said:

Man... YMMV is relative and subjective to YOU. you can't quantify results. For me if i get no jello vs jello in ONE shot ... the one footage captured that i wish I had no jello that I can use or keep for my enjoyment thats enough.

and if this guy wants to use his carbon fiber props... and not have flight issues... well let him balance his props for 27 dollar and a few minutes of time. Big deal.

This is about you extrapolating you singular experience and applying it to others. Yes your mileage has varied and you have struggled with jello. That does not mean that my video will be better if I balance my props.

Telling a guy to balance carbon clone props to solve his flight problems - when those clones are notoriously bad even after folks try to balance them - isn't the best advice.

shrill mute said:
d4ddyo said:
shrill mute said:

This is about you extrapolating you singular experience and applying it to others. Yes your mileage has varied and you have struggled with jello. That does not mean that my video will be better if I balance my props.

Telling a guy to balance carbon clone props to solve his flight problems - when those clones are notoriously bad even after folks try to balance them - isn't the best advice.

i'm done with you.

some stock props can be WAY off, had some.. you have been lucky to get ones that are close to balance, but i have not seen one stock set thats fully balanced. But if its close it can have no effect, Fully Balance can be awesome stable though, just youtube prob balancing for dji props or something like that and its very fine sanding on the under side of the wing closer to mid just light enough to remove dust of the plastic to make prop balanced.

I ordered a rod and i am going to do it to my carbon fiber props as they have some jello effect to them, but just slight.

In my book CF props are evil.

The problems out weigh the advantages.

#1 can cause serous injury if contact with soft tissue I.E flesh and skin.

#2 expensive and if you have a crash will either destroy the item it hit or the prop itself and possibly damage the motor.

Need I say more?

DJI ploughed lots of money and resource into the design of the props on their quads.... the blades are specifically designed to maximise performance. So why would you want to replace them with some cheap and nasty Chinese CF versions that aren't proven to work properly with the P2? There is a very high chance that the blades will not work together well with the P2.

The replacement blades will have completely different aerodynamic properties to the stock DJI blades. Their lift coefficient will be completly different at different speeds causing instability at certain motor speeds, blade pitch will be different, chord lines and widths..... do I need to continue?

If you are happy to fly your very expensive quadcopter with untested, unproven & cheaply made blades, just because CF looks 'cool', go right ahead. Not sure how cool it'll look when it hits the ground after a blade failure.......

goldfishrock said:
DJI ploughed lots of money and resource into the design of the props on their quads.... the blades are specifically designed to maximise performance. So why would you want to replace them with some cheap and nasty Chinese CF versions that aren't proven to work properly with the P2? There is a very high chance that the blades will not work together well with the P2.

The replacement blades will have completely different aerodynamic properties to the stock DJI blades. Their lift coefficient will be completly different at different speeds causing instability at certain motor speeds, blade pitch will be different, chord lines and widths..... do I need to continue?

If you are happy to fly your very expensive quadcopter with untested, unproven & cheaply made blades, just because CF looks 'cool', go right ahead. Not sure how cool it'll look when it hits the ground after a blade failure.......

there are some good quality carbon fiber props out there that some distributors went through tons of tests and they out perform stock props. DLSR pros are not cheap nor are they inexpensive.. They are what they are... CF shatters. plastic is forgiving. You can even try different pitched blades to increase and decrease flight times or performance. I have news for you... everything is made in china... just at different quality levels. I don't think that dslr pros would put crappy carbon fiber props that will fail in all of their high end kits.

I think rotor craft In general have flexible blades for a reason. Carbon fiber may look cool, but you shouldn't be surprised by performance changes going to a rigid blade.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

vtpilot1 said:
I think rotor craft In general have flexible blades for a reason. Carbon fiber may look cool, but you shouldn't be surprised by performance changes going to a rigid blade.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

+1

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4