Phantom 2 Crash = One "arm" of the shell bend = Repair ?

Reaction score
Hi guys, i had a really dumb crash yesterday with a palm tree leaves when i was taking off. The resoult of it was a minor bend of one of the arms of the shell, .... about 2/3 cm before one of the engines. As you can tell by the image, its really hard to tell but enough to made the blades touch the shell.
My questionis, do you think i can fix it if i use a heat gun on that part of the shell arm and try to align it to the perfect horizontal position with the other engines ?
( its just until a get a new shell from the states, i live in Cancun, Mexico and i need it for my work this week )
So, how critical is the horizontal aligment, its my key question for you guys .......
Thank you so much for your help ! :)

Attachments

• Arm.JPG
    Arm.JPG
    39.3 KB · Views: 510
I've straightened out a shell by just bending it with my hands, but a heat gun would probably help. Go for it!

Birdu2 said:
[attachment=0]Arm.JPG[how critical is the horizontal aligment, its my key question for you guys .......
Thank you so much for your help ! :)

Not so much, the software makes adjustments for small imperfections, easiest way is to turn the bird upside down and get it so the 4 motors sit flat on a flat surface

Thank you guys ..... ill keep my fingers cross and give it a try ....

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20