Phantom 2 controller/ antenna problem - Any help please

Reaction score
Hi there everyone.
I have had my phantom 2 for about a month now with no problems. I decided last week that I wanted to get a little bit more range out of my phantom so I bought an antenna with a higher dpi and installed it.
I watched a few different youtube videos about how to do it and when I did it, It went smoothly as I thought it could go.
At first I didn't make a bigger hole at the top for the antenna to go through as I wanted to test it first before cutting the controller. I didn't turn on the controller without an antenna attached. Everything seemed right. Then I went and tried it out and now I can't fly the phantom 2 more that 30-50 meters away (in any direction) from me before the fail safe kicks in and the phantom flies back to home.
I put the original antenna back on and it was the same. It would only fly for about 40-50 meters away. I tried other antennas I had lying around and the results were the same.
I changed the batteries as well but still nothing changed. The controller is paired.
Before I installed the new antenna I had opened the Phantom up but that was over a week ago so the problem must be with the controller but what it is I don't know.
Everything looks and acts the same as before but just now the phantom only flies to about 50 meters away before the fail safe kicks in.
I have looked online but don't really see much about my problem and thought I would ask you guys on here if you have an ideas.

any ideas?

Thanks
ashman

I dont have much clue about this, but if the original antenna does the same thing, then something is amiss in the controller, have you damaged any wires or loosened any on the board pertaining to the antenna ?

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl