Phantom 2 compass calibration Problem

Reaction score
Hey guys, I'm sorry to start a new thread on this, but my problem is slightly different to most, I've found.

Just received my P2 with H3-3D,

My problem: After the first 360 of the compass dance (getting the green light after), then putting the p2 into nose down and commencing the next 360 degree spin, at completion, I get the fast blinking RED lights. can't seem to find any info on this.
When flying, in GPS mode, its quite unstable and won't hold position ( i think this is linked to the compass calibration)

I have reflashed firmware, and calibrated the IMU (advanced) , any other help would be appreciated!

cheers

Hello,
Did you open Phantom 2 up and check connections at ( compass, and IMU ) ( possibly bad connection )
Or your compass could be faulty?

Also when doing calibration, slow, level, steady is best, you have plenty of time to complete!

Also where are you calibrating at?
( open grass field? Back yard? Street? )
Just be aware of ANY possible interference ( buried cable , rebar in concrete, cell tower, high voltage lines above, ect )

Also we have the luxury of having a member who is also a certified DJI repairman , I might ask him?
( PowerUser ) under GENERAL DISCUSSION ( heading: I work for DJI )
He may be able to help?

Let us know what happens, so we can fix if happens to us!

Jerry D
USA
( J Dot )

Did you open Phantom 2 up and check connections at ( compass, and IMU ) ( possibly bad connection )
Or your compass could be faulty?

Also when doing calibration, slow, level, steady is best, you have plenty of time to complete!

Also where are you calibrating at?
( open grass field? Back yard? Street? )
Just be aware of ANY possible interference ( buried cable , rebar in concrete, cell tower, high voltage lines above, ect )

Also we have the luxury of having a member who is also a certified DJI repairman , I might ask him?
( PowerUser ) under GENERAL DISCUSSION ( heading: I work for DJI )
He may be able to help?

Let us know what happens, so we can fix if happens to us!

thanks jerry! yeah i sure did open it up, unplugged the compass on both inside and on the leg, ( got the correct error message too)..

i recon the compass is faulty, going to try pick one up this afternoon. I have tried calibrating it in various places and phases, I've gone to an open area with no overhead power lines, no trees, nothing, waited for GPS, set a home point and then I attempted it. It always fails on completion of the second compass dance.

the only other idea I have is to change the compass

Have you figured out what the fast blinking red lights are for? We should start there.

Fast-blinking red lights means low battery level as far as I'm aware.

Have you figured out what the fast blinking red lights are for? We should start there

well i figure its due to a failed compass calibration, as it starts as soon as I hit 360 degrees on the second rotation.
It flashes red when in Naza mode and Amber when in Phantom mode, quite weird

I think the compass is dead or faulty as placing a magnet near it the values of X,Y and Z barely change.
I've got the dealer to get me a new compass tomorrow to plug in and try

Continuous fast blinking red lights after compass calibration is in fact "failed calibration or other."

What are your compass values in Assistant? Do your values change when you rotate the quad?

Continuous fast blinking red lights after compass calibration is in fact "failed calibration or other."

What are your compass values in Assistant? Do your values change when you rotate the quad?

thanks ElGuano, my compass values in assistant are : X:1 Y:0 Z:3 and MOD 1480. XYZ fluctuate between -1 and +3 so 4 digit changes! and thats stationary on my desk, when I pick the phantom up and spin it around they remain the exact same as if it were on the desk

ianwood said:
Have you figured out what the fast blinking red lights are for? We should start there.

I got those rapid red flashes as well. According to other flyers, and DJI, this is happening due to me being 7km from a international airport.

Gonzon said:
ianwood said:

I got those rapid red flashes as well. According to other flyers, and DJI, this is happening due to me being 7km from a international airport.

That's why I was asking. Flashing reds can mean 3 different things.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pitchpost