Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

Phantom 2 charger stopped working

Discussion in 'Phantom 2 Discussion' started by josha, Jul 14, 2014.

1. josha

I have two DJI original batteries for the Phantom 2, but when I plug them into the charger, nothing happens. The light on the charger stays green, almost as if it doesn't see the batteries. I do have a US charger that I'm using an adaptor to plug into a European outlet, but I haven't had issues with that before, and I've tried different adaptors. I'd appreciate any help, as I'm in Svalbard (small island north of Norway) and leaving tomorrow on a boat for a bit (so I can't FedEx overnight a new charger :) ); I'd really love to do some aerial work with my Phantom!

2. josha

And fortunately this was my not knowing part of how the Phantom works. For anyone else who doesn't know this, if the battery is at a 4-bar level, it won't charge. The battery was at about 85%, so discharging it fixed things, and it's charging happily now.

3. hamishue

This can also be solved by turning on the battery while charging it - it will re-engage even if battery is at 4 bars. Sounds completely wrong but if you read the fine print on the P2 battery - it says it can be charged while the intelligent battery is either on or off

4. MrC

MrC

Yep. If battery is over 75% charged then you have to turn it on before it will charge.