Phantom 2 Catastrophic Failure after Firmware 3.06

csivet said:
hi buddy
i have a same issue like yours. i bought my battery from B&H New york just 4 months ago and i have flied just 9 times with it.

after contacting with dji, b&h sent me a anew one :)

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xj9xsKdVv98[/youtube]

here is the video

Zinnware said:
Xrover said:
I heard that there was some talk that batteries from about 6 months ago might have an issue with some bad cells.
I had two batteries that had issues and I documented video of my iOSD where it failed with one battery at 72% and the other with 92%, but the voltage level was below the hidden third level threshold of 10.65V.. See my posts including video here...
Ref Thread: viewtopic.php?f=19&t=17324&start=138
The thread shows additional information I provided about the batteries. This behavior (failure) was repeated for each battery. I have sent them back to DJI and await their replacement. The video of one of the batteries is shown below.
---------------------------------------
Autoland at 92%
I guess I am the latest victim to a bad battery. Mine will go into autoland just as it reaches 92% or about 1 to 2 minutes of hovering. I have a video that shows the battery level indicator go from full charge to zero from the DJI osd mini.
http://youtu.be/K8YaDtoFVi4

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K8YaDtoFVi4[/youtube]

Nice video of the Phantom going in to Autoland at 92% and the Battery indicator flashing.
Thanks for posting this.. I don't recall seeing the flashing battery symbol when mine went down but it looked and acted just like yours when it did. The only good thing to come out of my crash was it took the bad battery with it!

Xrover said:
Pazz said:
k-index is at 4 watch out for your satellite coverage
Postby Mal_PV2_Ireland » Fri Aug 01, 2014 8:46 pm

Lads my k-index app has reached 4 for the first time in a few months so be careful and keep an extra eye on your satellite coverage just in case it goes above 5. Solar flares must be about.
Mal_PV2_Ireland

i just checked and you ain't kidding!
Was checking out tonights sunset with alpha filter and noticed several fairly large sunspots now facing 3rd rock from helios, so increased geomagnetic activity is likely afoot, no doubt.

droneranger said:
Xrover said:
Pazz said:
k-index is at 4 watch out for your satellite coverage
Postby Mal_PV2_Ireland » Fri Aug 01, 2014 8:46 pm

Lads my k-index app has reached 4 for the first time in a few months so be careful and keep an extra eye on your satellite coverage just in case it goes above 5. Solar flares must be about.
Mal_PV2_Ireland

i just checked and you ain't kidding!
Was checking out tonights sunset with alpha filter and noticed several fairly large sunspots now facing 3rd rock from helios, so increased geomagnetic activity is likely afoot, no doubt.

ignore at your own peril. by the way this is not my post, but a repost of Mal_PV2_Ireland. So not the only one noting these things.

I have a phantom 2 zenmuse 3d,avl58 mini iosd,gopro3+. I flew with several batteries that work just fine on the vision. on the phantom 2 with all batteries the copter wants to land prematurely, I also noticed I lost clime power during these incidents so when it comes down it comes down faster than it should and even with my counter with full up command it still falls too fast. Battery levels don't get lower than 75-80& before I start having problems. Sometimes the LEDs give a low batt level indication (blink red) sometimes they don't. I also noticed that a rotation mostly to the left will initiate the premature forced landing. This started happening after the firmware update. Is there a way to roll back the update[youtube]http://youtu.be/fVZJa4pok9g[/youtube]. http://youtu.be/fVZJa4pok9g

At this point I don't feel that Firmware 3.06 is causing these early landings. I think some of the batteries have voltage/cell or are prematurely failing and the new firmware is more sensitive to the battery output and if it detects a drop in what it is expecting, then it goes into a safety autoland.

Rolling back to a previous firmware (which I do not know how to do), would just allow the P2 to fly without the added battery safety measures.

3.06 might actually be giving us a clue that our batteries are defective.
Many P2 batteries have been experiencing puffing on the sides. This is normal over a long period of time but not normal on a battery with less then 30 cycles.

4 of my P2 batteries are puffed and I did get early autolands with most of them.
I sent them back to DJI 2 weeks ago for replacement.

Wow this is scary. So it looks like many think its due to a defective battery? Is there a way to tell or test this?

I was flying 1 meter in front of me at 74% and received no warning green leds blinking normally and it dropped. I'm guessing it had enough power to make a 1 meter return

I used the batteries in my phantom 2 vision without a problem. only had problems in phantom 2 and after upgrade to 3.06

I am so sorry for your loss. I used 3.06 this past weekend. I mistakenly didn't check my battery level when I first flew my bird and it did a return to home only it hit a tree branch and fell about 20' to the ground. It damaged the Zenmuse H3-D3 gimbal and I was still able to fly later. I did fly it over water (river) quite a bit and had several successful flights. After reading your post, I'll be a bit leery to fly it over the river again.

If you get an early Autoland situation, Put that battery aside and DON'T fly it anymore also, check the sides and see if they are puffed at all. If it's less then a year old send it back to DJI..

Second flight with 3.06 my phantom started descending on it's own at 18%. I was at about 30-40 ft max. I was able to correct with 100% throttle and then safely land. Annoying.

Hi everyone! Does anybody use Firmware 3.08 with P330CB upgraded to 1.0.2.10 which says that "b) Improved the communication between the smart flight battery and the Phantom. c)Fixed issues in communication between the smart flight battery and the compass."?

I have just experienced a series of "falling down from the sky" with my P2 and 3.08 but without upgrading P330CB... The same as described here - just descending without any reaction to sticks (S1 and S2 also didn't work). Gimbal is damaged but can be recovered, an old bosy - out, landing gears - out, two props - out, GP4 saved (!!!) :)

helicopter said:
Hi everyone! Does anybody use Firmware 3.08 with P330CB upgraded to 1.0.2.10 which says that "b) Improved the communication between the smart flight battery and the Phantom. c)Fixed issues in communication between the smart flight battery and the compass."?

I have just experienced a series of "falling down from the sky" with my P2 and 3.08 but without upgrading P330CB... The same as described here - just descending without any reaction to sticks (S1 and S2 also didn't work). Gimbal is damaged but can be recovered, an old bosy - out, landing gears - out, two props - out, GP4 saved (!!!) :)

I'm using the latest firmware 3.08 and also update all my batteries with the 2.6 firmware. Two of the original batteries were under 30 cycles and puffy which were autolanding at 45 - 40% battery life. Once those two batteries were updated I tested them and recorded the results on a dvr. During the test both of those batteries autolanded at 7% which is lower then my newer batteries land at 15%. Haven't tried those batteries since the cold weather but will try them out again this spring.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HjOZGMAfyG4

sounds like VRS. based on your speech id think that'd be your first idea. or a better answer is DJI is a china dealer who are cheap pieces of **** so don't be supersede when get a turd...

New to quads, but lots of RC Heli experience.

As to battery monitors, I wonder if the problem is the same as some I've used. These assess the battery voltage on connection, and use this voltage as the 100% reference. This means that if you start with a battery at - say - 10.5v, then the warnings will occur at artificially low voltage. (This is particularly important for units which claim to detect how many cells are in the battery)

I would hope that (at the price) DJI's intelligent batteries would not have this problem.

Philip

So, descendings finishing with crashes almost each flight are stopped now. I have downgraded the firmware to 1.08 and all "bad things" just disappeared :)
I don't know what to think about it but it works and I'm happy now without constant expecting of falling down from the sky!

Alex

Glad I read this thread. ! I just got my phantom and I have had several of these landings. Seems to come when under ful power depending on the battery. Seems to go into critical landing mode. Yesterday I was flying shooting video of a bridge over water at one point it seemed sluggish so I quit and moved to a field 3 minutes later it lands ...

Bat still had two bars thir flashing. Took off again flew a few feet off the ground it landed again. .. He flashing red light just landed.

I think I need to down grade ?

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4