Phantom 2 Carbon Fiber Legs

Reaction score
Wouldn't we all like a set of carbon legs that were taller and wider while allowing the compass and cam bus to remain or provide a longer ribbon cable for relocation? And pockets for the foam landing pads. Integral shock absorbing?

I want them out of pictures and I want to protect my go pro and gimbal. I have been flying backwards as an interim solution :eek:)

Moved to P2 forum.

I find a lot more people with P1s use third party landing gear than P2 owners, probably because the price of a P2 + Zenmuse is so good that few people need the extra height that third party gimbals require.

But I agree, legs with a taller, wider stance would be welcome in a number of instances, including filming with fast turns, taking off/landing in tall grass, etc. There are a lot of options out there, including some that are lighter and stiffer than the Phantom's stock legs, and ones that let you determine the height by using your own 6mm carbon/alu rod.

Shock absorption wouldn't be very useful IMO. It would be heavier in the air, reducing flight time, and the Phantom lands pretty softly; any hard hit worth worrying about would overpower a shock absorption system anyways.

I have never seen the landing gear in my shots - I would think the arms/props would be seen before the gear - what resolution do you shoot with?

Bill_Burkert said:
Wouldn't we all like a set of carbon legs that were taller and wider while allowing the compass and cam bus to remain or provide a longer ribbon cable for relocation? And pockets for the foam landing pads. Integral shock absorbing?

I want them out of pictures and I want to protect my go pro and gimbal. I have been flying backwards as an interim solution :eek:)

ElGuano said:
Moved to P2 forum.

I find a lot more people with P1s use third party landing gear than P2 owners, probably because the price of a P2 + Zenmuse is so good that few people need the extra height that third party gimbals require.

Actually the P2 legs are too short for the H3-3D gimbal if you come down hard.

PCDan said:
Actually the P2 legs are too short for the H3-3D gimbal if you come down hard.

Taking into account flex, I can definitely see that. But most of the time in normal flight, it's adequate.

The third party gimbals actually hang lower than the bottom of the landing gear, meaning extensions or aftermarket gear are an absolute necessity.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic