Phantom 2 Capacitors

Reaction score
Hi, hope someone can help. I just took the battery out of my quad and a capacitor rattled along and fell out of the battery compartment. Now, i've looked around the net and see that I have 4 capacitors, one on each arm and then 2 on the mainboard which is 6 in total. So WHERE did this 7nth capacitor come from?

So you opened the shell and you do have the 2 on the main board and one on each esc? so just some random capacitor has been bounching around inside your phantom that seems to be some extra cap?????? cause thats pretty freaky.

Hi and Welcome to the Forum. I have my Phantom 2 apart while I add FPV and some painting, so I'm in a good position to help you.

What is written on the capacitor? Does it have a lead coming out of each end (electrolytic) or are the leads close together, usually marked as X PF with the X being the value of the capacitor. An electrolytic will have a + on one end, with a - on the other end. The value should be on it too. Or, it is a very tiny part?

Is it kinda flat or round and tubular? Was this a new Phantom? If so, how old? Lastly, did you open the shell? If you can answer these questions, I can, and will, help you! Lastly, what type of Phantom do you have?

This is very unusual. If it is just an extra part left during assembly, that is better, yet their fault. If it was attached to a Printed Circuit Board (PCB) then that is more strange! We will help you get this resolved. :)

here is a pic of the p2 boards to see were the 2 that are supposed to be on the board are located.
DJI-PV-P10_01.jpg
and if it came off of any of the 4 esc's You should be able to see what one is missing a capacitor.If it did come off of some thing in side and not just an extra random part that was bouncing around.

When I first got mine, it was behaving erratically. The first time I opened my quad was to find a loose screw sitting on a circuit board. It would roll around shorting out all kinds of circuits. It was just an extra loose screw that was dropped by the assembler. So maybe you now have a free extra capacitor??

Regarding the picture, the two electrolytic capacitors are the black things with the whitish looking tops. They are in the foreground.

Also, if your Phantom came with a tool kit, the Phillips head screwdriver is worthless. It will strip the heads of the small Phillips screw on the outside of each arm, if you apply too much force. It is much easier to take the top she'll off than it might appear.

Hi Guys, Thanks for the reply. I have the Phantom 2 that has sprouted a capacitor. I installed the anti interference board myself but don't recall it having a capacitor on it. The capacitor looks the same as the ones on the main board and the arms but has a different code - Rubycon 25V 150uf ZLH 3M1402 105°C PET.

The ends of this capacitor are 2 hard wires that should get soldered to a board but they are clean? No solder remains on them. This is an 8 month old drone flown many times. It did have a power cut once and fell out of the sky. I sent it in to DJI USA who sent it to China. They fixed it admitting it was their product failure and sent it back to me in South Africa. I have flown about 10 times since. Just now when I took out the battery this capacitor rattled out.

Are they supposed to only have 6 in total? If so then maybe this was an extra that someone accidentally left loose in the quad?

I've started up without props and all functions seem to work fine. I'm just really worried to try it out with props and my GoPro 4 strapped in in case it is supposed to be in there somewhere?

There is one that is on the anti interference boards according to this picture.
zenmuse-zh3-3d-044-big.jpg

Master James you legend ;)

Soldering iron is heating up already. Thanks a mil you guys. This endeavor has ed me to think about building a custom hex though! ;)

Master James you legend
lol Well I dont know if I would go that far BUT glad I and others could help

When you solder that back in just be sure you have it the right way and also maybe put a dab of hot glue or some caulk on the cap to keep it stuck to the board and prevent it from vibrating lose or any thing like that.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers