Phantom 2: Can I mute the startup song?

But seriously, there must be a way to turn down the volume of that sound a bit. By firmware hack/mod? Of maybe we should just ask DJI? I personally like the sound but it's WAY too loud. I can never power the thing up in the evening at home (for config or something) 'cause I'll definitely wake up the kids.

Yes I thought this from day one, no need to be that loud really, I'm 22.5" away from it on startup yet it's heard from a distance.

No hack possible. It's simply not a consideration of design.

The noise is generated by modulating (or driving) one of the three phases at between 20 an 20KHz.

The phase driver is designed to be as efficient as possible to deliver full voltage to the load with near instantaneous on-off switching times.

The volume is determined by supply voltage, in this case the LiPo, and to a lesser extent the efficiency of vibrational transfer from the motor to the surrounding materials (the Phantom).

Since the ESC can only control frequency and not amplitude there is no 'volume' adjustment possible.

Must of been a tricky thing to set up at design, you would think a little computer speaker would have been to easy, ah well.

panhygrous pantler said:
phantom_medic said:
anyone ever find out how to turn this off or down at all?

It's easy to turn it off.

Just cut one of the wires leading to each motor.

You won't be able to fly but that incredibly bothersome startup noise will be gone.

Reading the entire thread(especially a five month old thread) before posting a question is smart.

i have read the entire thread smart ***. the last post was 5 months ago, reason why i asked...maybe a solution has been found in those months. if you got nothing nice to say, don't post.

Reactions: sonof40
phantom_medic said:
i have read the entire thread smart ***. the last post was 5 months ago, reason why i asked...maybe a solution has been found in those months. if you got nothing nice to say, don't post.

If you truly read the entire thread then you must have missed this post from December:

"The ESCs send signals to the motors which vibrate. Brushless motors work on 3-phase power and it's pretty easy to make them vibrate at any frequency. The Naza tells the ESCs what to do.
The same tune is played no matter what ESCs and what motors you have"

Which part of that are you struggling with?

panhygrous pantler said:
phantom_medic said:

If you truly read the entire thread then you must have missed this post from December:

"The ESCs send signals to the motors which vibrate. Brushless motors work on 3-phase power and it's pretty easy to make them vibrate at any frequency. The Naza tells the ESCs what to do.

i sure a mod sees your posts and kicks ya outta here. most of your posts are just talking down to people, don't post unless you have a helpful post, not to demean people.

phantom_medic said:
panhygrous pantler said:
phantom_medic said:

i sure a mod sees your posts and kicks ya outta here. most of your posts are just talking down to people, don't post unless you have a helpful post, not to demean people.

It's too bad that your panties are bunched up.

Facts are good. The fact is that you either didn't read the thread (as you claimed) or you could not comprehend what you read. Either way, you have been helped by my posts.

Even if you are too caught up in your own mediocrity to see the truth.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl