Phantom 2 c/w h3-3d gimbal

Reaction score
I purchased a Phantom 2 c/w H3-3D gimbal from Dronefly.

Everything went well on the set up although the gimbal pitch lever on the back of the transmitter does not work, I opened up the transmitter and there is nothing connected to it ..... is there a separate piece that you have to purchase to get this gimbal pitch lever working?

Any help is greatly appreciated ... new to all this

As one n00b to another, I had the same exact issue. Took me a moment, but this video helped (well initially I did not quite understand what I was looking there, also my RC did not open as well as his :D)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UJLIHm2m90E

First off: if you turn on your RC and assistant software go check how much does the lever actually respond. Mine reacted slightly so I had a feeling there was not much contact between the lever and that orange resistor on the board (sorry im just a pilot, not a builder, so if calling it wrong, so be it). you will notice that the lever houses behind it a plastic stick with + shape end and that orange resistor also has + shaped slot on it. they need to align and actually touch. So when you turn you lever it turns the resistor. You need to move the lever to one or the other side completely so it will be in straight position and then you need to align the resistor as well. also make sure the tx value will show something like -1000 or so. Like in the video, you may need to either raise that reisistor abit OR maybe just tightening the screw on the lever itself will help.

What happened for me was that now my lever actually recorded movement from ca -1000 to -400 (should go to 1000). So I entered calibration and after that it did a nice -1000 to 1000 just like intended.

So the first thing you might wanna try is just calibrate it and see if it helps. My problem was just that I could initially get the gimbal to look down or forward and even that sometimes did not work because the last 10% of lever movement did all that. Now it's working just fine.

It just sucked that DJI did not do a proper test on the RC.

That was it! Thank you, functions perfect.

I think when they put it together ... they crushed the pot support down as it was all crimped down on one side.

Once again ... thank you!

Peter

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1