Reaction score
I've been all over the net looking for anyone who's done this and came up empty, so I signed up here to see if you guys have attempted it. Essentially, I crashed my phantom (surprise) and mangled the body and esc. I repaired the esc, but the body is another matter and needs replacing. Anyway, I have a spare F450 body that I picked up at a garage sale for $5, and had the brilliant idea of gutting the phantom 2, and mounting its components on it. I realize there's the issue of the esc's needing to be wrapped and insulated, but, in theory, is it possible? Has anyone ever attempted it, and more importantly, are there pics or vids for proof? I really don't want to undertake it if I'm going to murder my phantom, and would rather buy a stock body if that's the case.

have a look in this section, there is a couple in there
Other DJI Multi-Rotors

Thank you. There's a few 'untested' conversions in there, but no success stories with vids, which is something I'd like to see. Ever since it occurred to me, I've been plotting out, in my brain how to do it, but still trying to figure out a few of the details, such as where to mount the gps.

I've been all over the net looking for anyone who's done this and came up empty, so I signed up here to see if you guys have attempted it. Essentially, I crashed my phantom (surprise) and mangled the body and esc. I repaired the esc, but the body is another matter and needs replacing. Anyway, I have a spare F450 body that I picked up at a garage sale for $5, and had the brilliant idea of gutting the phantom 2, and mounting its components on it. I realize there's the issue of the esc's needing to be wrapped and insulated, but, in theory, is it possible? Has anyone ever attempted it, and more importantly, are there pics or vids for proof? I really don't want to undertake it if I'm going to murder my phantom, and would rather buy a stock body if that's the case.

Lots of luck with that. Going to be interesting to see where you put the main board, GPS and the smart battery.

Lots of luck with that. Going to be interesting to see where you put the main board, GPS and the smart battery.
I have a few sheets of carbon fiber that I've used for other projects, so creating mount points isn't so much the issue. Rather, as someone pointed out to me, phantoms are the iphone of quads and may not take kindly to having their hearts ripped out.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.