Phantom 2 battery

Reaction score
Got a battery around a year old now but still according to my assistant software says there is still 90% life left in the cells. I get only 2-3 minutes of flight when the percentage level on screen still says 80%. Is this normal and just time to get new batteries or is there a trick in repairing the problem. I have tried draining the charge to under 8% then re-charging fully. Please see my YT video attached.

http://youtu.be/WKY7XcrUHeY

Is it swelling at all? That's a common visual sign of a damaged DJI battery.

If it's still under warranty, you could send it back to DJI. I'm not sure if they would cover the swelling part though -- since they'll probably say you let it sit fully charged too long (the usual cause of swelling). Other than reinstalling the battery firmware from the Phantom Assistant application, there are no other tricks to the battery software.

Thanks, thats been helpful. Got a couple new ones in the mail coming. And by the way, yes there have been times where the weather did not allow me to fly so my fully charged batteries sat longer then I wanted.

If storing them for 10+ days, the DJI manual recommends that they be stored at 40-50%. I've done that with mine and haven't had any trouble yet.

msinger said:
If it's still under warranty, you could send it back to DJI. I'm not sure if they would cover the swelling part though -- since they'll probably say you let it sit fully charged too long (the usual cause of swelling). Other than reinstalling the battery firmware from the Phantom Assistant application, there are no other tricks to the battery software.
He said it is around a year old. Don't DJI batteries only have a 3 month warranty?

dptcalvin said:
msinger said:
He said it is around a year old. Don't DJI batteries only have a 3 month warranty?

They have a year warranty when purchased with a Phantom.

Please be sure to post in the correct area. I will move this from 'News' to 'General Phantom Discussion' for you. ;)

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20