Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

Phantom 2 Battery question

Discussion in 'Phantom 2 Discussion' started by Xanadu, Mar 14, 2014.

1. Xanadu

I've been flying for the last month with no issues. I have just added an ImmersionRC transmitter and iOSD and this is a blast.

One thing that I've noticed in the 2 FPV flights I have made is that the phantom starts to descend and not want to stay in the air once the battery reaches right at around 25%. Is this expected behavior? Is there a way to change this?

Thanks for your help!

-Landon

2. jodaddy23

yes you can adjust in the set up , but really you should think about coming down anyway . :mrgreen:

3. Fink

I agree with jodaddy (great name). I personally don't let it get lower than 25%. As intelligent as I'm sure DJI made their Intelligent Battery System, I'm a firm believer in being more safe than sorry.

I'd rather shell out the $160 for a second battery to swap in at 25% than crash my $700 quad. :D

Fink[​IMG]

4. Xanadu

Don't get me wrong, I like that I get the warning, I just don't want the craft descending to the ground if I'm 20 ft up and 200 yards away. I think this is much more of an issue if you can't actively see the battery level, which I can with the iOSD.

So it's possible to change that behavior by changing the first warning level? I didn't realize that the first warning would trigger an automatic descent and hard landing.

Thanks,
    Landon

5. xgeek

It shouldn't. It should only auto land at the second warning. By default 1st warning is at 30% and 2nd warning is at 15%. Both can be changed via the Phantom assistant software.

6. ianwood

ianwood Taco Wrangler
    Staff Member

Seems some people need to re-read the manual! Autoland kicks in at a specified voltage level (10.6V, I think). It is effectively the third warning and you can't adjust it. The first two warnings are adjustable and are based on % battery remaining. They only provide visual warnings and do not influence flight.

If you are getting low voltage at 25%, you should plug into the Phantom Assistant and check the condition of the battery and the cells. The low voltage autoland should kick in at 15% or less in my experience.

7. av8inglife

I needed a quote for my signature lol :lol:

All seriousness though...yes people, please be aware of the information contained in the manuals.