Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

Phantom 2 battery life- flight times

Discussion in 'Phantom 2 Discussion' started by Garysam, May 11, 2014.

1. Garysam

Have my new phantom 2 for about a week now, Gopro 3+ Black, H3 D3 gimbal, and FPV. GoPro is fully charged when I send it out. My issue is flight time I'm typically getting 15 1/2 minutes is this what I should expect or is this a little short. Anyone have any ideas on how to extend the flight times or do I have a malfunction somewhere along the way.

What kind of flight times are you guys getting with similar equipment, what are reasonable flight times for the equipment I have.

2. Sanababit

That time lenght is about right for me too, 13-15 minutes flight, with gopro hero 3+ black, boscam 1200 transmiter, mini iosd, h32d gimbal

Sana

3. happydogs

sounds right to me.

4. Garysam

Thanks to all puts my mind a little bit to rest didn't want to be chasing a phantom. I wonder if adding a ground station would decrease flat time yet again?

5. Sanababit

AFAIK any weight added or equipment added means less flight time, if i am not going to use my fpv i always remove my transmitter from the phantom, i get a little more flight time, if you are not going to film then remove the gimbal and camera i bet you could get more than 20 minutes flight time

Sana

6. IrishSights

I have had 17 mins on my GoPro with P2z, IRC600, mini Iosd and GS with just under 30% left. Usually I keep to 15 mins.

Sent from my Galaxy Note 8

7. Garysam

That's great flight time those are times I'm looking for. The test I've been doing as of late are 15 1/2 to 16 minutes phantom actually comes down and lands and runs almost totally out.

I wonder if it's my flying habits, example I will accelerate to approximately 200 feet, then come down and cruise around for a minute or so maybe 6 feet then then accelerate back up to higher altitudes 150 feet or so I probably do this maybe three times. Sometimes when hovering around the 6 feet i'll do a short speed run.

8. EMCSQUAR

It's those climbs to altitude that eat battery power. Do a gradual climb cruise at higher altitude then bring her home you'll see vast improvement in times.

9. Garysam

Emcsquar, thanks

Actually as I was writing that I was starting to realize that might be some of my issue. Us older pilots takes a little bit longer you know. But it's good to have confirmation.