Phantom 2 Battery Faulty!!!!!

hi,
i ve discharged it to %8 about 3 times. when i want to charge it, after 2 blinkings it stops and show fully charged..total charge time is abound 15 mins.
bat.tiff

tnkx

i ve sent this video to dji and they gave me an answer:

Dear Sir,

The battery life the affected by the users' charging and discharging.
In addition, the warranty for battery is 3 months :
We recommend you to purchase a new one.

They blame me for the manufacturer faulty!!!! Even its discharging times is only 8 !! i bought it 4 months ago.

The worst customer service I have ever seen

Try charging it again but this time when it stops - push & hold red button (similar to turning on) then let it continue charging. On a note - you are only suppose to bring it down to 8% every 20 flights. You doing that 3 times already in 10 might have damaged it.

hi,
when i plug it to the charger after second one is blinking it stops and turned on whole 4 leds. pressing the button is useless cause it acts like fully charged. also under the software charge level is around % 99 .
i figured out the problem in my 2nd flight. after that every 5 flight i ve tried various experiments.

now, its discharging time is 15, i ve only 1 flight that i ve enjoyed in the whole flight time :/ finally 159$ is rubbish.

EMCSQUAR said:
Try charging it again but this time when it stops - push & hold red button (similar to turning on) then let it continue charging. On a note - you are only suppose to bring it down to 8% every 20 flights. You doing that 3 times already in 10 might have damaged it.

Lisa.Zhu (DJI)
Aug 05 11:44

Hi Can Sivet,
Good morning!
I totally undertand and sorry for the inconveniece caused.
Please contact the dealer in your place with this mail as attachment.
The dealer will replace the default battery with a new one for you.

Thank you for choosing dji and keep in touch if there is anyway I can help.

Best Regards
Lisa

Nice to se DJI stepping up. I like hearing positive things about their service.

I also got a faulty battery from B&H. It came with my Phantom 1 and cost about $23. Their customer service was great to work with. They sent me a label to ship the battery back to them and sent out a replacement battery quickly.

I purchased a double battery pack from BH (consecutive serial numbers) and both went south at 89 days. BH told me to see DJI. DJI said send them in and while they did replace them it took them exactly 30 days from receiving them to do so. Batteries should last you 3-5 years depending on how you care for them. At the cost we're paying for these things they should have a much longer warrenty and last twice as long.

Recommendation would be get an Amex gold. They extend your warranty to 1 year

DJI's turn around time is terrible

first of all, now dji support is very quickly than before.i ve sent the same issue mail to all dji's support accounts.( china, europe, USA, sales) Except USA all other's replied me very positive .there is not any mail from USA in my inbox yet.

so time to travel to new york and replace it with a new one from b&H :)

rudedog said:
Batteries should last you 3-5 years depending on how you care for them. At the cost we're paying for these things they should have a much longer warrenty and last twice as long.

You may have a point about the warranty, but I'm afraid there's nothing that DJI can do about the lifetime of a LiPo battery - that's a matter of the way their chemistry works. The internal cell resistance slowly rises as time passes, reducing the charge capacity, and nothing will stop it.

B&H gave me a new phantom 2 battery.they also paid me the differences between old and the new battery, which is almost 30$ :)

now, i have got a new battery and 30$ :D

you know i don`t like to complain but..... :D

i`ve come to the conclusion i must be invisible. DJI haven`t responded to my second email the first being sent in early July. In the UK our summer never amounts to much so i reckon IF they ever sort me out i`ll have to check online for a P2 umbrella as summer will be long gone by then. Seriously though, if they are aware of the battery issue surely an email and service exchange for an upgraded / effective battery would have saved the day, enhanced their reputation and left it that existing customers could recommend the product wholeheartedly without biting their lip or shuffling their feet when asked by a prospective buyer should they part with their cash.

Happy Landings.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic