phantom 2 battery - 25 minutes??? zenmuse too weak to work?

Reaction score
I am still learning to fly phantom 2. I fly slowly, not very far, just getting the feel of it. I have zenmuse and gopro 3+ installed. and, with this setup - the battery lasts only for 10 minutes or so, maybe even less. is it normal? or my brand new smart battery is flaky?

I also have another weird problem: sometimes when I use the knob to turn camera down on gimbal, the zenmuse can't pull it back to horizontal. it tries, jerks it up a bit, but then gives up and camera is limping lens down.

anyone experienced this problem?

Thanks in advance for all comments. You guys helped me immensely to fix some factory shortcomings and helped me to understand things better. Thanks again for all your great help, comments, and sharing your experience.
Derek

Re: phantom 2 battery - 25 minutes??? zenmuse too weak to wo

Hello there,

I truly believe that your flight times are not normal. You can try a different battery and see if it lasts about the same, if it does you have some electrical research to do with that quad. is yours under warranty still?

amrflyingdude said:
Hello there,

I truly believe that your flight times are not normal. You can try a different battery and see if it lasts about the same, if it does you have some electrical research to do with that quad. is yours under warranty still?

Thanks a lot, I just ordered an extra battery, so I will compare them soon.
Yes, it is just over 1 month old, still under warranty.
Cheers!

Pull_Up said:
Plug into the Assistant and see what the battery data looks like, especially the cell voltages to see if one cell is bad from manufacturing (it can happen) - then you can contact your dealer for a replacement.

I will do just that. Thanks, cheers!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4