Phantom 2 Assistant Update

Reaction score
Just doing some PM's and upon plugging the P2V into the PC I get the message that there's a firmware update V3.0 available.

NOTE

There's a warning about updating the P2 to this firmware revision and the upgrade advises that you have to update the Assistant software to V3.0. This update is NOT YET AVAILABLE. Please be aware that updating your P2 or P2V to the latest firmware using the v2 software assistant could cause problems.

Hope this helps

Bmews

I almost did it myself. Until I stopped to re-read the warning message. It's pretty clear that there's a mismatch if you upgrade using v2 of the assistant. THe download link takes you to the DJI site where there is NO UPDATES over and above v2.

gpauk said:
Yep -- there's a thread where someone did it.. and seems to have problems...

Not for nothing, but... WTF is DJI doing putting software out there that'll be seen by the Assistant and not having the necessary version of the Assistant available with which to install it? This is just plain asking for trouble. Sloppy.

-slinger

gunslinger said:
gpauk said:

Not for nothing, but... WTF is DJI doing putting software out there that'll be seen by the Assistant and not having the necessary version of the Assistant available with which to install it? This is just plain asking for trouble. Sloppy.

-slinger

... and you are surprised at dji doing this because....? :D

gpauk said:
gunslinger said:
gpauk said:

-slinger

... and you are surprised at dji doing this because....? :D

Yeah... good point... :) :D :lol: :roll:

Yes, it was 5 am where I swat is, while on vacation in Hawaii. Without thinking (too early, late night) and I hit update. It went through the update, but now mismatch. A bit frightened to try and fly it. OTOH, if it flies away I can make a claim w my insurances (I have a high value floater that covers a bunch of really expensive still photography, and now aerial photography gear).

To late for me, I updated the firmware to V3.0 - that'll teach me to read tthe warning message. Hope V3.0 of the assistant software comes out soon and I can sort it.

A a rule of thumb I always wait to update anything 2 weeks after the release date.

And let some one else be the guinea pig.

gpauk said:
Rule #27 -- never update firmware until someone else has been a wind dummy with it... :)

Thank you for the sage advice ;) , I got carried away updating stuff, did the android update first then plugged the phantom in, merrily updated then ran into problems when I went to calibrate Tx.

I upgraded with out looking...seems my range is very very limited now 200 ft or so. Hopefully DJI will release a new update. Any thoughts to reload the 2.0 Version?

gofaster2win said:
I upgraded with out looking...seems my range is very very limited now 200 ft or so. Hopefully DJI will release a new update. Any thoughts to reload the 2.0 Version?

I'm not sure you can "downgrade", because (and I could well be wrong) doesn't the firmware log in to DJI ? I guess, you'll have to await the release of the V3 assistant, then upgrade that and run the firmware upgrade again?

I could be wrong though.

Bmews

Me too. I finally got around to plugging in my new Phantom 2 Vision that I received on Wednesday. I really wasn't paying attention since I was just checking to see if it came with the latest firmware etc. I saw there was a upgrade so i did it.

Say's it's on the correct version in the Assistant, but I also get a mismatch error. I did take it out for a flight and it took off and just starting drifting to the right. Did not have much control. was able to land it and that was it. Kinda pissed that they would release a version of firmware without the proper tools to install.

Only one more day left in Hawaii, so I flew it. Recallbrated compass, fired it up and let it idle. Had wife go through all the positions on the stick as I held onto it. No problems. At Sandy Beach on Oahu, big waves, but big wind too. Easily double overhead sets.

Took it up, no problems despite gusting 35 mph winds. Was able to get some great footage of surfers. I was able to maintain 20 feet above the surfers, despite strong gusts and winds being blasted by the waves. Figured if it took a dump or flew away then it would be a great excuse for the P2v+.

Downloaded Phantom Assistant v3.0 and all is good now. Have to take her out for a test flight. No more errors about mismatched firmware.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj