Phantom 2 and telemetry data

happydogs said:
The PV2 sends telemetry data to the phone...does the P2 also do so in some manner?

Not without adding aftermarket parts. Traditional R/C telemetry is typically a feature of a transmitter (your controller with the sticks) and a receiver (the box inside the Phantom that receive signals from your transmitter). The stock receiver and transmitter for the P2 and P2V don't have this feature. The P2V does it a different way.

You have few options to add this:
- Replace transmitter and receiver with a set that does telemetry. Nearly all the major manufacturers have models that do this: Spektrum, Futaba, etc.

- Add an OSD (on-screen display) and FPV (First person view) setup. This is similar to how the P2V does it. The FPV is a video transmitter and receiver pair along with a screen to view it on. The OSD overlays telemetry and other data onto the video signal before it is transmitted. One note, most FPV setups are NOT wifi, so they won't show up on your phone. Adding video over wifi with aftermarket parts appears to be a bit expensive at the moment. Or maybe I just haven't looked in the right places.

many thanks, krb. pretty much what i figured...one needs a kiddie cart to carry all the stuff to the field!!!

I'd love to be able to hijack whatever part in the Vision allows it to broadcast to a phone/tablet.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik