Phantom 2 and GoPro Hero 4 Black - Will updates cause any issues?

Reaction score
I have not updated either my P2 or Hero4 since word went around in 2014 that updating can cause issues. Since I am not tech savvy, I have left well enough alone. Now that I am about to take my remote pilot's commercial license test, I know I am not in compliance with maintenance checks. Thoughts? Wisdom?

I have not updated either my P2 or Hero4 since word went around in 2014 that updating can cause issues. Since I am not tech savvy, I have left well enough alone. Now that I am about to take my remote pilot's commercial license test, I know I am not in compliance with maintenance checks. Thoughts? Wisdom?

I never update the P2 firmware when they came out with Washington DC NFZ v3.10 , v3.12 and v3.14 and it works just fine without the latest update.

Now the Hero4 black to the latest firmware v5.0 from v4.0 which really there were no detectable differences in the software but GP did fix some bugs. There were additions to protune settings which increased shutter speeds which the camera never had before and an ISO increase from four settings to seven an those improvements work great. So the bottom line is if you own a hero 4 black update the firmware.

I never update the P2 firmware when they came out with Washington DC NFZ v3.10 , v3.12 and v3.14 and it works just fine without the latest update.

Now the Hero4 black to the latest firmware v5.0 from v4.0 which really there were no detectable differences in the software but GP did fix some bugs. There were additions to protune settings which increased shutter speeds which the camera never had before and an ISO increase from four settings to seven an those improvements work great. So the bottom line is if you own a hero 4 black update the firmware.

Thank you for your response and helpful info. I may just do it!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobDan