Phantom 2 acting strange and fast red blinks

Reaction score
I'm sure I'm beating a dead horse here but this really confused me. Same thing happened once before about a year ago.

I was preparing for my flight as usual and everything went well. I recalibrate a my compas and had a full signal of 8 satellites and my home point was recorded. I had about 65% battery life at time of takeoff. Only about 10 seconds into my flight green turned to fast flashing red. The p2 started to descend a bit and I brought it back right away. I switched batteries and same thing. Got a good satellite reading, recorded home point and within seconds of takeoff the lights started flashing red fast and wouldn't stop. The p2 also started its descent.

It seems like low battery voltage but both batteries had about 65% life left. I was nowhere near an airport as I was up in the mountains flying over a lake.

The first time this happened way back the p2 out of nowhere went to fast read and it immediately and returned home without warning even though the battery had power. That battery was replaced under warranty by DJI.

This kind of thing makes me loose confidence that I have full control over it and that I will always bring it back safe. I have at least 100 flights with my phantom and more with other drones and have never crashed my phantom but it makes that voice in the back of my head become a bit louder

Thoughts and advise.

Rapid Reds (all 4 arms) and descending = low battery.

The % Life and other data is unreliable. Voltage is the only true parameter to be trusted.

I'm sure I'm beating a dead horse here but this really confused me. Same thing happened once before about a year ago.

I was preparing for my flight as usual and everything went well. I recalibrate a my compas and had a full signal of 8 satellites and my home point was recorded. I had about 65% battery life at time of takeoff. Only about 10 seconds into my flight green turned to fast flashing red. The p2 started to descend a bit and I brought it back right away. I switched batteries and same thing. Got a good satellite reading, recorded home point and within seconds of takeoff the lights started flashing red fast and wouldn't stop. The p2 also started its descent.

It seems like low battery voltage but both batteries had about 65% life left. I was nowhere near an airport as I was up in the mountains flying over a lake.

The first time this happened way back the p2 out of nowhere went to fast read and it immediately and returned home without warning even though the battery had power. That battery was replaced under warranty by DJI.

This kind of thing makes me loose confidence that I have full control over it and that I will always bring it back safe. I have at least 100 flights with my phantom and more with other drones and have never crashed my phantom but it makes that voice in the back of my head become a bit louder

Thoughts and advise.

Bet you haven't checked either of those batteries in the P2 software.
Battery Warning.jpg

I am having the same problem. Are these parameters and voltage acceptable? The battery charge shows 36% now but I started with a fully charged batter that was freshly cycled down to 7% and fully recharged.
ScreenHunter_26 Mar. 04 11.16.jpg

I have all the latest firmware updates as well.
ScreenHunter_27 Mar. 04 11.16.jpg

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I am having the same problem. Are these parameters and voltage acceptable? The battery charge shows 36% now but I started with a fully charged batter that was freshly cycled down to 7% and fully recharged.
View attachment 45995

I have all the latest firmware updates as well.
View attachment 45996

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Check the HELP thread for my answer that you posted earlier.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BoguSlav