Phantom 1, Zenmuse, GoPro3+, ND Filter

Reaction score
I apologize in advance if this has been covered before and would appreciate a link to the discussion if it indeed has been.

I have a Phantom 1 and just installed the Zenmuse on it. I'm interested in using an ND filter on the GoPro3+ I have, but have read conflicting reports ranging from it's fine, no problem to it'll kill the gimbal motors.

I took off the bracket that goes on the GoPro and along with the 2 allen screws it weighs ~2 grams. I emailed PolarPro Filters about this filter's weight - http://www.polarprofilters.com/shop/frame-neutral-density-glass-filter-gopro-hero3/ and they got back to me with the figure of .8 grams.

Would it be safe to assume that without the bracket and the ND filter installed there would be no additional stress on the gimbal? The part where the GoPro slides into the gimbal seems to be very strong and should be able to hold the GoPro in place even without the bracket.

Is this a recipe for a disaster? Has anyone tried this?

Again, sorry if already covered, I'm new to all of this.

THANKS!

Did you use the Polar Pro? I'm expecting one today and face the same issue with a zenmuse. Just wondering how it turned out.

Quadro said:
Did you use the Polar Pro? I'm expecting one today and face the same issue with a zenmuse. Just wondering how it turned out.

I received it and it weighs 7 grams. We're having shitty weather in NY last couple of weeks and the one nice day we had last week I went out to fly and crashed. Took me a while to get new props, open the Phantom, check all connections, test gimbal etc and haven't had a chance to get out and see if it still works. Hopefully this weekend I'll be able to test it.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj