Phantom 1 with p2 props problem

Reaction score
Hey guy i recently redeemed my dji rewards for a set of p2 props,i have adjusted the gains as suggest by other topics on the p2 props.My phantom flys but it hovers to the left when it should be still,and when i rotate eather left or right it wants to go in a bad wobble.When i yaw left or right it rotates a little also.Anyone know what could cause this?

What did you adjust on the gains? I put P2 props on the 1.1.1 an didn adjust anything. Just put them on.

I haven't read to adjust the gains either before. Interesting....

Depends on what other payload you have, but with 9443s I run a P1 at ~150/150 basic pitch/roll. What are your full gain settings?

Only thing extra is my GoPro in the waterproof housing,I've tried anything from factory, down to 85 and everything in between.It seems to do okay until i go to rotate or yaw,they it gets very jump and veers of coarse a little.

Since putting the props on and adjusting gains have you done an advanced IMU calibation and Compass dance? As mentioned just changing props shouldn't have needed gain changes. Did you balance these props? The P2 props are more agressive and if they're out of balance - flying is going to be a challenge. Upping the gains is only masking unbalanced props.

Ive done both calibrations,but i havent balanced the props.is there a way of doing that without having to buy a balancer.the props are self tightning.

One method would be to use a seismagraph APP on your smartphone. You would need to remove all but the first motor from the control board and remove its propeller so as to balance the motor first. Ensuring that the Phantom was well secured to the deck you then add the propeller and observe the vibration via the seismograph APP, alter the profile of the prob by adding tape, super glue, sanding, whatever your preferred method maybe. Once you are happy then repeat the same process with the other three motors, individually mounted of course.

Alternatively find a kind soul who will tap a small metal rod at both ends with the same thread as that of the props and just balance off the edge of a table or the lip of a glass.

Regards

Nidge

i also had a problem with the phantom 2 props on my phantom 1. mine would just want to take off to the left. would not hover and you could hear the motors change RPM constantly. i had to back off throttle completely to get it back on the ground. i adjusted my gains and that made it worse. i still have no idea why it won't fly with those props.

Made a makeshift prop balancer,and turned out it was one prop causing the all trouble,the others were pretty close.Balanced the one and flew it.Flys perfect now with factory gains.thx guys,didn't realize how much difference balancing props made.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik