Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

Phantom 1 translates after each yaw movement

Discussion in 'Phantom 1 Help' started by el cuajinais, Mar 26, 2014.

1. el cuajinais

Hello all,
    My Phantom 1 has the latest firmware. Everything works well except every time I make a yaw input, the Phantom goes off and moves about 8 ft intend of just rotating in-place. I've done Basic, Advanced, and Compass dance calibrations. The compass xyz values are all within +/-400. The mod value is 1400ish.

Can anybody here suggest something else to try. Could this be cause b a bad prop or motor? (I don't suspect either bu I honestly don't know what else to investigate)

Any help would be appreciated as this behavior makes it imposible to fly in tight spaces.

2. Ozzyguy

Try this. If you are right handed chances are you do the compass calibration in a circle to your right. Try going around in a circle to the left or counterclockwise

3. OI Photography

That's still a bit low for the mod value, I keep mine in the 1600-1800 range, but you should at least try to get above 1500. Values too low or too high there can lead to imprecise handling and hovering.

4. EMCSQUAR

After you get your calibrations done, up the yaw gain to about 150%

5. el cuajinais

Thanks for all the replies. The wind finally subsided and I want outside to do some tests. Increasing the Yaw gain did not help, but I could notice that the yaw control was not more "twitchy, sharp, abrupt".

I did try to do the compass dance in the opposite direction and this did not help either, initially at least. In any case for some reason, I don't know if it was the subsequent compass dances in the opposite direction, or 2 more advance calibrations and now my mod value is 1900ish. At this value, the problem is now much less noticeable. I would love for the problem to simply disappear, but it has subsided to a point where it is reasonable. I don't expect the drone to be ably to hover as if fixed in space after controller inputs (though I've seen it happen in previous incarnations of firmware)

Thanks for the help. I am now more familiar with my Phantom. Now I need to fine-tune the its low-voltage warning which seems to be activating itself too early.