Phantom 1 tool kit

Reaction score
I have 2 Phantom 1 quads. I hear talk of getting a screwdriver and hex wrench with your Phantoms. I checked both of my boxes and don't see that. I did get the prop removal wrench. Does that stuff only come with certain models?

DJI no longer provides those tools. Here's what you need to open your Phantom:
That wrench should not be used to attach your props. Just spin them with your finger and let them auto tighten when the motors kick on. When removing the props, you can hold the motors and spin them off without the wrench. So, it's pretty much a paperweight :cool:

Last edited:
I have all the tools necessary to do the job but I was just wondering about the tool kit. The self tightening props are not always easy to get off if they have been on there for a while. Grabbing a motor with channel locks makes me cringe as some have done.

Monte55 said:
I have all the tools necessary to do the job but I was just wondering about the tool kit. The self tightening props are not always easy to get off if they have been on there for a while. Grabbing a motor with channel locks makes me cringe as some have done.
That would make me cringe too. I just switched to Tiger motors. They sit higher so I can hold the motor & spin props off.

Actually, My P2, V2, non-vision came with all of those tools. BUT, the Phillips head isn't sized right and it will not unscrew the small screw under the outer edge of the canopy. Don't you think someone at DJI should have ordered the right size? Don't you also think they should have tested the tools, included, to see if they work?

But, I do give them a little credit for trying to include the right tools. You might think the repair guys found out the tool didn't work, but more than likely they used higher grade tools.

p.s. Be VERY careful, if you have auto-spell check, when you type higher. My spell check turned it into a word I don't use and I would have been horrified to discover, later on when the Mods started msging me. You will not believe this! Spell check turned msging into mating. In other words: ...when the mods started mating me. Time to turn it off!! :). :)

I have about every kind of screwdriver made plus all other tools. I know most supplied tools are junk. I have three sets of jewelers screwdrivers. I don't like to remove one from a set for the Phantom if I'm on the road. Take the whole set I guess.

msinger said:
DJI no longer provides those tools. Here's what you need to open your Phantom:

00 Phillips Screwdriver: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0006O ... M3CHR63OQQ
2mm Hex Screwdriver: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00365 ... FKQ2WPUHNS

That wrench should not be used to attach your props. Just spin them with your finger and let them auto tighten when the motors kick on. When removing the props, you can hold the motors and spin them off without the wrench. So, it's pretty much a paperweight :cool:
I strongly disagree with that. I lost a prop doing it that way. I now put the wrench on the motor and snug the prop with my finger.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj