Phantom 1 rebuild after dissaster

Reaction score
I am not good in soldering so when I try to upgrade my Phantom 1 - to use the H3-3d gimble - I broke the whole thing. SMOKE CAME OUT OF THE Phantom 1 hihihihih so that was that

Now I have seen that the Phantom 2 is coming out - and you dont have to solder anymore. So I am wondering if I should try one more and upgrade the Phantom - or if there still is a lot of soldering - also what do I need to make it work?

IMO, I would junk the Phantom 1 and bite the bullet - buy the P2V+ - if I had the money, which I don't. I've read so much negative stuff about the Phantom 1 in this forum relative to the P2V and P2V+. I bought a P2V shortly after it came out in late 2013 and have been flying it quite happily and successfully for 4 months.

A friend crashed my P1 into a tree and it dropped from about 30 - 40 feet. When we got to it, the battery door was open and it was smoking from inside.

I decided to repair AND replace it. I'm sending the crashed Phantom to DroneFly for them to repair.

As for the replacement, I gave it a lot of thought as to whether to get a P1 or P2. In the end the P1 is a better choice for my needs. It wasn't the money as much as the logistics. I hear a P2 is good for 20 to 25 minutes. I'm getting 14-15 minutes out of my Mad Dog 2700 mah batteries and about 12 minutes out of OEMs. With P2 batteries going for $150+, I figured I could get 6 or 7 P1 batteries for the same cost. This adds up to more than 60 minutes total flight time.

Plus, I got a second charger out of the deal.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adrie