Phantom 1 pilot goes to Standard-3 and questions...

Reaction score
Hi - I'm new to this site and I have had my trusty Phantom 1 for some years and decided to take the plunge into the Phantom 3 Standard and found out rather quickly that there was some sort of issue going on with the firmware.

So, I picked up my Standard recently and finally got time to open the box and start testing everything out. First thing the Go app does is try to get me to 1.6.8 and I'm resisting this based on all of the horror stories I've heard so far.

So the question is this: What, if anything, has DJI done to fix this and why are they still offering the same firmware that obviously is causing issues for everyone? I've heard that calling DJI support is a case study in useless so I'm taking that under advisement for the future as well.

Finally, I'm getting set to take my first hop with the Standard. Any sage advice to a Phantom 1 pilot who is a bit rusty?

Appreciate any comments and thanks ahead of time.

Jon

I'm hoping DJI releases a new (and better) firmware that resolves these issues. It sounds like range problems have been the biggest complaint.

I'm hoping DJI releases a new (and better) firmware that resolves these issues. It sounds like range problems have been the biggest complaint.

The posts I saw range back to May of this year - I checked the DJI site and no-joy on any discussion of the issue on the Standard's product page...

I'm not going to upgrade, that is for sure. I just wish I could turn off that bloody upgrade nag to stop them from pestering me about it at every turn... lol.

I have FW 1.6.80 and have no issues what so ever. Range is better than advertised (in "Wi-fi clean" environment) and with the FCC mod even better..
I know some are having issues, but if EVERYONE had issues with this one DJI would have released a new FW long time ago.
I have no reason to want to downgrade.
But this is just my experience. [emoji4]

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Hi - I'm new to this site and I have had my trusty Phantom 1 for some years and decided to take the plunge into the Phantom 3 Standard and found out rather quickly that there was some sort of issue going on with the firmware.

So, I picked up my Standard recently and finally got time to open the box and start testing everything out. First thing the Go app does is try to get me to 1.6.8 and I'm resisting this based on all of the horror stories I've heard so far.

So the question is this: What, if anything, has DJI done to fix this and why are they still offering the same firmware that obviously is causing issues for everyone? I've heard that calling DJI support is a case study in useless so I'm taking that under advisement for the future as well.

Finally, I'm getting set to take my first hop with the Standard. Any sage advice to a Phantom 1 pilot who is a bit rusty?

Appreciate any comments and thanks ahead of time.

Jon
1.6.8 works fine on my P3S. I had to install it twice, but it works great.

I have FW 1.6.80 and have no issues what so ever. Range is better than advertised (in "Wi-fi clean" environment) and with the FCC mod even better..
I know some are having issues, but if EVERYONE had issues with this one DJI would have released a new FW long time ago.
I have no reason to want to downgrade.
But this is just my experience. [emoji4]

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app
Seconded. And I have 2 of them. If I bought another, I wouldn't hesitate to upgrade.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20