Phantom 1 parts compatibility

Reaction score
Does anybody have any thoughts on part compatibility? I've learned very quickly that there are various transceivers, transmitters, motors, etc? The main reason I'm asking is because I'm working on a phantom that isn't quite right so I intend to replace parts to try and completely fix it (it does fly)

Specific parts questions listed below

Could you use a 5.8ghz transmitter and reciever from a phantom 2 vision on a phantom 1?

Could you a GPS puck from a phantom 2/vision/+ or are there any other GPS modules (non dji) that are compatible?

Motors seem to be dependent on the ESC boards power output. What motors models could you upgrade too? (tigers, antigrav)

I'm not to particular about props but I was wondering about longer props than the stock ones. Does this affect the phantom in a good way/bad way?

I've heard but haven't had occasion to confirm that the p2 rx only works on the p2 Naza. Not sure if anyone has swapped their p1 to 5.8 but if you wanted to do so, the fc40 rx should work fine.

The GPS pucks between Naza series are compatible with each other. The Naza lite is limited to 10 satellites but that limit may be on the FC side. The canBus gps units for WKM/a2 are not compatible.

Lots of people have installed to-motors 2212/2214, the 15a ESCs can handle the common replacement motors.

Swapping the 8045 props to 9443s is one of the easiest ways to gain 15-20% flight time. The 9443s are louder and make the phantom a bit more squirrelly, but for most it's worth the trade off. Note you'll need self-tightening motor mounts to use the common 9443s, otherwise you'll have to get the special non-self-tightening version of the props.

ElGuano said:
I've heard but haven't had occasion to confirm that the p2 rx only works on the p2 Naza. Not sure if anyone has swapped their p1 to 5.8 but if you wanted to do so, the fc40 rx should work fine.

The GPS pucks between Naza series are compatible with each other. The Naza lite is limited to 10 satellites but that limit may be on the FC side. The canBus gps units for WKM/a2 are not compatible.

Lots of people have installed to-motors 2212/2214, the 15a ESCs can handle the common replacement motors.

Swapping the 8045 props to 9443s is one of the easiest ways to gain 15-20% flight time. The 9443s are louder and make the phantom a bit more squirrelly, but for most it's worth the trade off. Note you'll need self-tightening motor mounts to use the common 9443s, otherwise you'll have to get the special non-self-tightening version of the props.

I was wondering what you meant by " you'll need self-tightening motor mounts" can't we just screw on a self tightening prop and fly away? Please excuse my stuppidity.

Wedeliver said:
ElGuano said:

I was wondering what you meant by " you'll need self-tightening motor mounts" can't we just screw on a self tightening prop and fly away? Please excuse my stuppidity.

It depends on what version of the Phantom 1 you have. 1.2 and 1.1.1 have the reverse-threaded stud on two of the motors, so you can indeed just screw on self-tightening props and fly away!

The older versions, 1.0 and 1.1, don't have reverse-threaded studs on the motors, so the reverse-threaded self-tightening props will not fit. You'll need to go with unthreaded props and use prop nuts.

ElGuano you 'splain it well. You are also observant and you saw what I have, it helps to understand the differences. I have a tendency to assume much more then I should, part of being an ol puck I think. I would imagine the motor studs have a different look and I am going to see if I can see it. Humm, when I google dji phantom original motors, I see what looks like my motors, I see some motors the pic isn't clear of motors on extended arms and it looks different. I will go to a hobby site and see if I can see 'em.. It probably won't make a difference in my life, but I would like to know.

Thanks ElGuano for the great information. I do have the newer reverse thread motors so I'll give the 9443 props a try.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers