Phantom 1 pan and tilt

Reaction score
Greetings fellow pilots.
Just got into this hobby. Purchased a phantom 1 just before Christmas and love it.
Slowly getting comfortable with the controls and now it is about time to add the camera.
The camera is a gopro hero 3+ black.
For now I only have the cheap stock camera mount.
How do you install the camera into it? No instructions or videos on this I can find.
Added a 7inch video monitor and the 5.8ghz download link module.
Because I want to see what it sees. I've seen way to many videos where pilots lose sight of the drone and wind up crashing.
Now what do I need to make the stock mount at least tilt? My controller came with the tilt slider.
Can't find any videos on this.

My idea for the phantom is to get rid of that crappy cheap stock mount and use a base plate mounted to the landing pad.
Now you can connect the tilt cable to the camera.

I've read on numerous websites that the zenmeuse gimbal mount works only on the 2 version?
I thought someone said in a video that the gimbal mount used the same screw holes on 1.

So which is it?

To get pan and tilt control both, you'll need a full 3-axis gimbal. A 2-axis gimbal will give you tilt (and roll as well).

There's many different 2-axis gimbals available that will work on the Phantom 1, including the Zenmuse H3-2D...you'll just need to make sure you have the right mounting bracket. The choices for 3-axis gimbals are more limited, and a good bit more expensive and bulky.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adrie