Phantom 1 Oscillates on take off

Reaction score
I manage a hobby shop that occasionally buys used items. We recently bought a Phantom 1 (Model P330). We should have flight tested it, but we did not and now we have an issue.

The quad arms fine and spools up. Right after take off it starts oscillating and spinning in a clockwise direction.

We have updated the firmware (the latest version). The unit has a NAZA, not a NAZA M.

Any ideas what might be wrong? Do we have a door stop, at this point?

Thanks,

Don

Calibrate the compass and run basic and advanced IMU calibration. Every time you upgrade the firmware, you should save the old parameters and import them back once firmware upgrade is done.

I manage a hobby shop that occasionally buys used items. We recently bought a Phantom 1 (Model P330). We should have flight tested it, but we did not and now we have an issue.

The quad arms fine and spools up. Right after take off it starts oscillating and spinning in a clockwise direction.

We have updated the firmware (the latest version). The unit has a NAZA, not a NAZA M.
Any ideas what might be wrong? Do we have a door stop, at this point?

Thanks,Don

Don,
To be sure, it would benefit the community if you would be so kind as to post the final outcome of this issue.

I have not had a chance to do anything other than calibrate the IMU. It still has the issue. I will calibrate the compass and balance the props as soon as I have a chance.

Don

Assuming the IMU is ok it might be a motor not able to reach proper RPM for the given flight task.
Yaw is achieved by reducing two motors of same rotation direction and increasing the opposites so the torque difference causes it to rotate.

If one is not 'up to snuff' this might also cause it to lean; seen as oscillation as the MC tries to keep it level.

Just a WAG (Wild @$$ Guess)

In addition to calibration, you can connect the Phantom to a PC and run the assistant software to see the MOD values and see if they look ok. 1400 - 2200 or so for the compass.

Often, oscillations like that are compass related. A compass for the P1 is only about $15

Try flying in ATTI mode. If the oscillations go away, it could be a GPS issue

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers