Phantom 1 or Phantom 2 for Filming

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

I am here to take some real suggestions from the photographers and videographers here using GoPro with Zenmuse Gimball with their Phantom 1 or Phantom 2, whatever your toy is.

I recently bought Phantom 1 like a 2 weeks ago, in order to get my hands on Quadcopter and then upgrade to better versions to use with heavy cameras with time.

Right now, I am planning to upgrade the MC to use with Zenmuse Gimball. But i just discovered that the cost of upgrade and Gimball itself would total up to current market deal for New Phantom 2 with pre-fitted Zenmuse H3 2D Gimball.

So here the questions is that should i return and buy the deal of Phantom 2 with Zenmuse
OR
Keep the Phantom 1 and buy the upgrade kit and Zenmuse H3 2D Gimball separately?

Is it worth switching to Phantom 2? Please give me suggestions why to move and why not to move.

The only drawback about Phantom 2 so far i know is the Battery price.

Please advice,

Thanks in advance!

Can we somehow install Phantom 1 battery in Phantom 2 combined? Like both run at the same time.

Buy Phantom 1 for practice. Remember with no gimbal you can keep fly the GoPro inside its protective waterproof case, so those hard landings and bumped tree branches probably won't cost you a camera. A good fiber carbon mount and balanced props will eliminate the jello effect. You won't have long, fluid takes. But you'll be surprised how the footage can be.

Then get the Phantom 2 with Gimbal and FPV for actual filming. Having flown blind and bouncy, you'll really appreciate the benefits of the gimbal and FPV.

Anyway, that's the way I did it.

I have both my P1 is the war horse I learned with it she has crashed more than enuf time all my fault then put gimbal ,fpv, iosd . Got a P2/H32d for trips . I can say I get about double the flight time with the P2 -the iosd (it's on the way) . I do like the P2 little better .
GL !

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4