Phantom 1 low battery warning

Reaction score
Is there a difference in the way the led blinks from first stage warning to the second. I always come down at the first sight of red blinking

First stage it will blink red and green. Like red under climbing and hard acceleration and green during hover. At that point I know I have about over 1 min but under 2 min of hover before the all flashing red comes in. When that happens either you better be heading back to your landing spot if your any distance out or the low battery landing sequence will be kicking in in about another min or so of hovering. I usually start to come back for a landing at the first red flash I see because I know I could miss the first few. And if I'm any real distance out by the time I get back and actually touch down it is juju u just turning to steady flashing red. My phantom has the P2v props and a gimbal and always carries a go pro. I am getting between 8-9 min of easy flight time. If I push it and fly hard I go down to 7 min of flight time.

That's what I was thinking but wasn't sure. I have a timer on my tx and when I'm getting close to the end of battery and while still getting green flashing, I'll goose the throttle and if I get red then I come in to land. Thanks for the reply.

More specifically, the red lights start blinking when you hit a set threshold, like 10.8v. The thing is, as you fly you use variable amounts of power (heavy throttle v. descending, etc). So under heavy load your voltage may sag below your threshold level, and it will start blinking red, but when you let off the sticks, the voltage bounces back over the threshold and it goes back to green. When you're on the cusp, this is why you see red/green alternating. It's not specifically programmed to alternate, it's just responding in real time to your battery voltage.

In the end, it's as cuddley says. Once you start seeing intermittent red blinks, you are getting close to your level 1 alarm, and should plan on being on the ground shortly.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj