Phantom 1 GPS not locking after warm up

Reaction score
Hi,

I just thougth to ask if anybody else has had this issue.

On my Phantom V1 with Arris CM2000 I have had this issue through several firmware updates. I have flown nearly 200 flights without a crash so it is not a major issue :)

Description:

-I plug in the battery and wait for the warm up yellow sequence to complete (takes about 1.5 - 2min)
- then the phantom looks up for the satellites and after all green it should do the blinking greens for CL and HL locking but it doesn't.
- I unplug the battery and then it does again the finding satellites and when all green it does the CL and HL blinking greens. All good.

This has been going on as long as I remember so it is not anything major, just curious if this happens to other people. This might also explains some of the flyaways if people are not monitoring the led sequences and the GPS has not recorded the home point...

Another thing....

The other day I was flying in a field near a 60m tall building. I was slowly moving forward when the Phantom decided to speed up and lurched forward fast. I had the control so I got it moving back but again it went faster backwards than it should have. I was flying in HL/CL OFF and at this point lost the site of the leds. As I did not know what's happening I kept it in GPS and Off mode. I manage to get it hovering and determine which way it was facing and fly it back to me backwards. All worked fine for the landing.

I'm just curious what could have caused this glitch.
- it was very calm but I was flying in about 70 metres near sea so it could have been a sudden gust of wind and me then over compensating, but I am quite experienced and I did not panic :)
- The building does have plenty Wifi stations, but if I understand correct this would only be issue if the Phantom would be faraway from me, now it was less than 100 meteres away from me.
- GPS lost satellites for awhile? I did notice on an earlier flight that I had occational one red blink which was not battery warning.

I live in place where we have almost always wind so normally I fly in 5-15mph wind without problems.

When the weather permits I'll take it to a field to test all the different modes. I do regularly hook up the Phantom to computer to check the IMU and other functions. All looks good, and no "twitching" on the joysticks on software screen.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1