Phantom 1 + GoPro vs. Phantom 2 Vision

Reaction score
I've been reading non-stop about these quadcopters for the last few days, and eager to buy one. However, I am stuck between two options:

Phantom 1 + GoPro

Phantom 2 Vision

My goal is to see the vantage point of the copter, live. I really like the Vision setup where the phone is mounted on the controller and there is a WiFi booster to help with the range. Seems very integrated and no interference.

I like the idea of a GoPro because I can use it for other things, plus it is a better optic. 4K is amazing. But... I've read about Wifi and radio interference and want to avoid that. Which would require a separate FPV kit, right? I think that would solve it, but is there a way to mount the phone on the controller?

My budget is right around $1,100.

I'm open to ideas. Trying to learn as much as possible, so all feedback is appreciated!

Thanks!!

In my case if I could turn back time I would buy the phantom 2, because with the gopro and stabilizer the price is similar to the phantom 2, Anyway i enjoy a lot my phantom.

dbeck29 said:
Wait for the phantom 2 to come out and get a gopro

Anybody know if there will be frequency interference like with the phantom 1?

Do i have to get a wifi booster due to limited stock range?

Are those phone mounts sold separately?

Thanks!

If you don't use a gimbal with your GoPro, the P2V is the hands-down winner. You're likely not modding your Phantom and the extra features of the P2V in RTF form are great.

If you're gimbaled, you've probably already written off the P2V, and you're making the hard decision between the Phantom 2 and its proprietary batterie,s and the time/effort needed to mod the P1 to compete. If I was in the market today, I'd be holding off waiting for someone smart to announce that they've found a way to override the smart battery sensor so I could buy a P2 and make my own 5000mah batteries for $25-50.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.