Phantom 1 for sale

Hey Russ, how a bout a clear picture of the label on the bottom of your Phantom?

It's looking like I may be in your area in a couple weeks... :( I don't care for the Bay Area much anymore. It's really different compared to 30 years ago.

Mine has the white hashed sticks and the box definitely has V1.2.1 printed on it. I bought it from amazon.com about a year ago.

Maybe someone can answer a question for me. I have someone interested in buying. He found a Phantom with gimbal and GoPro and wants to know if my controller will work with his. I believe there is a procedure to tether, but I don't know if you need to have S/N or other specific information that only the original owner has. I also don't know if my controller will work with his at all even if tethered. Mine doesn't have the gimbal lever. He doesn't know what model he has. The photo he sent looks like mine except with pink decals instead of red, and of course the gimbal and GoPro. Is there any easy way to tether, or to tell the model from the exterior of the Phantom? How about the other way - can the gimbal znd GoPro be mounted on my P1? I assume the answer is yes, but there are so many models of gimbals, Phantoms, and cameras that I don't want to tell him yes without knowing.

Before you get irate - he says he has tried to find the owner. He posted on a local facebook page for DJI owners without luck and he sent me a photo to post here to see if the true owner can be found, which I have done in the Found Drone thread. He says there is no name label, D/L no., etc. on it.

Hey Russ, how a bout a clear picture of the label on the bottom of your Phantom?
It's looking like I may be in your area in a couple weeks... :( I don't care for the Bay Area much anymore. It's really different compared to 30 years ago.
It's really crowded now, for sure, but my wife and I were both born and raised here and with Prop 13 and a paid off mortgage, it's not even expensive for us to live here. There's no way we'd move. I do regret that my kids could never afford to move back here. Both live out of state.
Photo is attached. The label is discolored because I had a 3M mounting tape stuck to it for anti-jello. It came with the mount for the SJ1000 camera. I've peeled it off.
Phantom%20label.JPG

So, there is also information on the bottom of your controller. You need the info from the bottom of the other machine to find out what he has. When you have that information, maybe you can get an answer. I do know this, not all 2.4 control all 2.4 Phantoms.

The only way to be sure is to learn how to link the two, meet up with the guy and try it.

The procedure you refer to when you make a controller control a Phantom is called "Linking".
The instructions are in the manual and all over the forum.
The search link in my signature works very well.

Actually, after mine was repaired by DJI once, they told me in the return letter I had to "bind" it to my controller. I tried and tried to do so but was unable to reach the thing inside the Phantom I was supposed to move. It simply was not in the spot shown in the video. However, it turned out that my controller was still bound to the Phantom, so it wasn't necessary. The point is that it wasn't physically possible for me to do that procedure.

Bound is the correct word, thanks. You would have to remove the top of the shell to access the button on your bird. My FC40 can be accessed through the battery door.
Sounds like you got lucky.

Wish I could tell you more about yours working with his... nope. Good luck.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31