Phantom 1 Extension Power Wiring - How?

Reaction score
How could I use the extension power (2 wires inside the shell) to power my FPV transmitter? I have a Fatshark filter that only takes 2s and 3s connection. Is there a way to use only the 2 wires connection from the extension power cable with a 2s or 3s plug? Do I even need a filter at this point?

Thanks for any help!

ogmios said:
How could I use the extension power (2 wires inside the shell) to power my FPV transmitter? I have a Fatshark filter that only takes 2s and 3s connection. Is there a way to use only the 2 wires connection from the extension power cable with a 2s or 3s plug? Do I even need a filter at this point?

Thanks for any help!

2S/3S refers to the numbers of cells wired in series. All Phantoms use 3S batteries, which are 11.1v nominal voltage. That pretty much means you can use the battery to power anything that requires ~12V power (including a lot of automotive components). It doesn't refer to a plug type.

You can add whatever kind of plug you want to those extension/auxiliary power wires, and you should be able to power a Fatshark vtx through it just fine. I know some people don't use the filter, while others do...I don't run a fatshark though, so that's about as much as I know :)

Most people skip the filter. Apparently the Phantom doesn't cause troublesome spikes in power.

I've done this mod with the ImmersionRC tx (that I got with my Fatshark kit) and it was a simple case of just soldering the power extension wire to the JST from the power filter cable.

I've not experienced any problems with removing the power filter, all seems to work great :)

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik