Phantom 1 drifting (crashing) after everything

Yeah J.James I am a pretty good trouble shooter guy when it comes to cars and motors and electrical systems. But its hard to trouble shoot something when u cannot bypass or adjust or have spare parts to interchange to rule out hardware glitches in sequences. So my next step is to by a fc,gps kit off ebay. I'll be pissed if it is the receiver or tx though. :x

do you know any one at all near you that you could try there transmitter to see if it is the transmitter?

Anything look bad to you J.James?

Attachments

• dji settings.JPG
    dji settings.JPG
    66.3 KB · Views: 349
I just had one of the best test flights! I think I have all issues resolve omg thank you J.James for sharing all of you knowledge and listening to all my descriptions of my issues. I have to say that all in all the main issue was that dang compass. That solved the hovering drifting issues. Then the odd ball controller issues I think was solved by the limit setting I had reduced 910 meter distance)after my flyaway or it was the successful calibration of the tx controls. That video I had watched a few week ago did make me realize that the calibration was not actually happening when I told it to in the past week. I had to click a drop down box in the naza software to choose manual and then it calibrated. So not sure which setting or calibration fix it but it flies as if it was new.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9WgEcoDRL3o

Thanks again !!!! I'll post a video later this week!!!

woot hoo Awesome man.

The limit setting will make it fly back towards you if you fly it past the limit in atti mode and then switch to gps mode it wlll come back to stay with in the set limit.. If flying in gps and get to the area were your limit is set it will just not let it go any farther and all your controlls will work except for trying to keep going forward. You can go side to side in an arch up and down but other wise its like your trying to fly in to an invisible wall if in gps.

yeah man that had me all messed up lol But learned a lot as u always do when trouble shooting.

JuriFromFinland said:
In case of i havent done something I could do?

I bought mine used and when flying in gps mode it was just all over the place and I could only fly it on attitude. Since im totally new to these things filming with attitude mode aint an option for me. At least for now.

Then I started reading alot of things and i had a compass problem. I tried multiple times to calibrate and even tried the magnet trick. Nothing.. So I bought a new compass on ebay and replaced it as soon as I got it. Then compass was looking good on computer and no more errors from that.

Then I did these things below.

- software update
- IMU calibration
- compass calibtation
- controller calibration

Went flying and this happenned
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cBKpOnJ ... 1YMq_DcSMg

After a while I have been thinking could one of the motors been frozen to make such an effect?
I believe since batteries on my controller were not that old and it started suddenly beeping on me was becoause of the weather. Maybe around -10 Celsius. Then drone went to fail safe and just died on me.

Please help me :) im suppose to use this on my upcoming video project.

Didn't get a chance to go through your full desc and video but I would check props as they could cause erratic behavior if way out of balance.. Next step would be to check the GPS antenna.. Sometimes after a crash, they seem to just not function correctly.. Sorry, can't be more help right now.. Will try and dig through everything tonight..

Colin70 even tho you got it working again Im still seeing some thing that looks off on your gps modules direction. But hard to know for sure being its hard to tell from that top view what side is the front or back of the craft. But just for the heck of it while I had my shell open on one of mine phantoms and also had a gps handy that I just put a new antenna on. I layed it on top of the shell so its sitting in the same direction it is when inside the shell and the part with the notch faces directly towards the front. Tho if Im judging correctly from looking at your top view pick yours looks like the part with the notch is faceing to one of the sides. or turned 90 degrees clock wise from the way they normaly face when Inside a phantoms shell. am I looking at that right or is that the front were you have that black ledge sticking out and the black box????? if so then you do have the gps faceing the right way. and just curious what is that black plastic box thing ? next to the batery?

yes black box aka battery meter is the front of the craft. I set it up that the red arms are front like as were the red tape bands are on the original phantom. I matched the whole pattern off the gps to line the front up in the right direction. Dji set it up to only go in one way. So I believe I have it correct now.

yes black box aka battery meter is the front of the craft
ahh ok I thought it might of have been one of them gps tracker thingys.

But now that you mentioned the white and red arms I feel like I just had a blonde moment Duh smh

awesome thats looking way better then before.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Spicehub