Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

Phantom 1 Cp.pt.000135 with Sj4000 Camera

Discussion in 'Phantom 1 Discussion' started by Bradley Morris, Dec 10, 2015.

Tags:
  1. Bradley Morris

I have the 5.8g Phantom 1 with a SJ4000 Wifi (2.4g) camera.
    While there is no interference between the camera and tx \rx , the range is really bad for the camera (20 m).
    Does anyone have this setup and has anyone tried a 2.4g range extender for the camera?
    I love the DJ1 and while I understand the 5.8g range is a lot less than the 2 or 3, I haven't pushed the boundaries because no FPV through the iphone and SJ4000.
    I have ordered a mount to reduce jelly effect as well as a prop balancer,
    Any other must haves?
    Any help is appreciated.

2. discv

Caution-- unless you have done a switch. The Phantom 1 (as standard) is 2.4 Ghz- not 5.8

3. Bradley Morris

Thanks but I have not done a switch.
    This is a Phantom 1 5.8g version they sold (and rare which is why I have such difficulty getting information on this). The model is called Cp.pt.000135 and I don't think it is still available. so looking to boost 2.4 g camera signal or If there is a way to change the internals in the copter and changing the remote to include a Video feed (to plug into camera) to be used in the base connection, I'd be willing to do that as well. Any ides, folks?

4. discv

Well- you live and learn! And it's still widely available.
    I'll have a side bet that they were/are Phantom FC40's- just minus the camera.
    So the guys on the FC40 sub-forum may well be able to address your 2.4 wifi issue.