Phantom 1 Controller

Reaction score
Hi all,
I'm trying to find a controller for a phantom 1 (or at least I think is a phantom 1). I'm not positive if I have the Phantom 1 or FC 40. Can someone explain the difference? I have the model p330D and after the serial number has V2.0.0. I think I've narrowed it down to the FC40 but not positive. Anyway, I need a controller for it and I see there are different frequencies (2.4GHz or 5.8GHz).

The DJI store only lists the 5.8 GHz controller but I would rather be certain before ordering. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

A lot of confusion is arising over whether folk have a P1 or FC40. This is because DJI have put out a lot of FC40's, minus the camera, called them Phantom 1, but 5.8 Ghz.

I think the easy way to ID, is how the usb connection is installed. I think the 5.8 versions have the usb outlet fixed externally under the LED.

The foolproof way to ID is pop the top off and see whether the receiver is 2.4 or 5.8

Reactions: Ti22
OK here's my problem I crashed my fc40 Into the bay, fried electronics. So now I have a good fc40 radio controls, and picked up a phantom one . plan on running a gopro 4 . can I convert p1 to a fc40... Or should I get a p1 remote to go with p1. Does anyone know if gopro 4 black runs 2.4 or 5.8 ghz

Gopro wifi is 2.4. So you need a FC40/ 5.8 receiver.

I've seen this issue addressed a number of times- but no one has come back with a definitive answer (as far as I know)
I think that any 5.8 receiver will do the job- be it for an fc 40 or one of the vision range. I think the only difference is the positioning of the fixing holes on the PCB

Thanks for the info, just going to order phantom 2, 5.8ghz receiver. If mounting holes don't line up some engineering should take care of that. Once I put this together, I will definitely update status..

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj