Phantom 1 changing receiver to 5.8 plus TX what's missing

Reaction score
Hi all, I just changed over my phantom 1 to 5.8ghz receiver and got a Phantom 5.8 Transmitter.
It's binds sort of, but not really. The receiver red led does go out when pushing the bind button, but still gives me fast flashing yellow light. So you know I wanted to change so I can use the FC40 2.4 camera which I obtained. Don't know if I can change the firmware over to phantom 2 or leave it alone. Scary stuff if it won't work.. Anybody have any ideas or knowledge of what is the best approach. Maybe I just need to rebind every thing again.. When I go to the wifi settings it does connect to phantom, as it shows. Not sure if that is just the range extender or more.
All help appreciated.
Thanks much

Last edited:
X1 and x2 where your reciver prigs into the Naza swap those to wire at the Naza. I just installed last night a phantom 2 5.8ghz reciver in my phantom 1 that had the original 2.4ghz it will work. Only thing is only one of your mounting holes for the board will line up, and the bind button will be hard to reach because its not exactly the same reciver board..but tested and proved it last night.

So the left reciver wire needs to go into x2 position, the right reciver wire needs to go into x1 position on the Naza .

So the left reciver wire needs to go into x2 position, the right reciver wire needs to go into x1 position on the Naza .
Sorry not positive what your saying, unless you mean unplug the receiver wire at the naza and flip it over so the wire colors are opposite since there is only one receiver wire. ( please correct me if I'm wrong) I have never removed any wires from the board since I dont know much about these boards, and don't want to get it messed up. I have the receiver already installed. Yes only the one screw. The remote I have is PVT581. Hoping that will work with it. Appreciate your help

So what you are saying is your reciver , like the one in this picture does not have two leads. This is the phantom one reciver, the phantom 2 has the same .

Attachments

• 1452976549856.jpg
    1452976549856.jpg
    61.9 KB · Views: 406
The two cluster of wires at bottom of pic..
Thanks for the pic. I will have to do a few pics of what I put in and what I took out. It does have 2 sets of connector pins and 2 antenna's but my board only have 1 lead connecting from the receiver. Will send back some pics, but need to go for a bit..
thanks again.
Glad you got your other problem solved.

The two cluster of wires at bottom of pic..
Ok I am back so let me show what I have. The Naza connections are left side goes to receiver and right side just goes to the side of the board. The receiver is listed as P2V part 16 so yes it has the 2 antenna's and 2 connectors. Was told this should work well. It does bind but can't find remote and gives me the fast flashing yellow light. No control on motors.

Attachments

• IMG_2427.JPG
    IMG_2427.JPG
    375.3 KB · Views: 493
  • IMG_2428.JPG
    IMG_2428.JPG
    249.3 KB · Views: 395
  • IMG_2429.JPG
    IMG_2429.JPG
    346.8 KB · Views: 442
  • IMG_2431.JPG
    IMG_2431.JPG
    133 KB · Views: 389
You need another lead from that empty prongs on new board.
Sounds easy but where would I plug it in? The only thing I know about the Naza Control is they work good. Don't know the connection or pin assignment. Maybe you could shoot me over a pic of your setup or maybe a little sketch. or just tell me tell me what pics to use like 3 row from right or left or if the plug goes in up and down of sideways. This is very new to me and I even looked on line at some Naza pictures but is not easy to understand.

X3 is the one that goes into the side of the power board, if you follow that wire to the Naza look at top sticker it will have x3, then x2,then x1 in that order they will be right next to each other.

Sounds easy but where would I plug it in? The only thing I know about the Naza Control is they work good. Don't know the connection or pin assignment. Maybe you could shoot me over a pic of your setup or maybe a little sketch. or just tell me tell me what pics to use like 3 row from right or left or if the plug goes in up and down of sideways. This is very new to me and I even looked on line at some Naza pictures but is not easy to understand.
Try this Dave...

Attachments

• 1453001003061.jpg
    1453001003061.jpg
    57 KB · Views: 353
You will need another one of these if you don't have one.

Attachments

• 1453001535915.jpg
    1453001535915.jpg
    27.5 KB · Views: 358
You will need another one of these if you don't have one.
Ok, I connected it and both are plugged in and when plug it in, I get the normal start lights flashing and the receiver is bound. Within a few seconds I get the fast flashing yellow lights still. I tried to switch the 2 wires plugged into the receiver. No change. It must be something simple but I am not seeing it..

Connected all and tried and still the same. have a 12 second video just can't seem to get it here.. It's the start sequence.

Attachments

• IMG_2436.JPG
    IMG_2436.JPG
    82.9 KB · Views: 402
  • IMG_2437.JPG
    IMG_2437.JPG
    48.8 KB · Views: 371
  • IMG_2436.JPG
    IMG_2436.JPG
    82.9 KB · Views: 392
  • IMG_2437.JPG
    IMG_2437.JPG