Phantom 1 and H3-3D

Reaction score
I have a Phantom that is apparently a phantom v1.1.1. The remote control has a control on the back for tilt of a gimbal that seems to work when hooked up to diagnostic software.

My wife recently bought me a Zenmuse H3-3d and a NAZA-M V2 to install on this phantom.

Can this be done and if so do you have advice for installation?

Thanks!

You already have a fully functioning Naza-M V2 in your Phantom, there's no need to replace that :)

As for the H3-3D, the ones available now are only for the Phantom 2. Unless it comes with a special mounting plate and a separate GCU module, you won't be able to (easily) install it on your 1.1.1. You might have to return that one and wait a bit (maybe a few weeks?) for a non-P2 version to be released.

Or change it for a tarot Gimbal, I got one on mine V1.1.1

@ElGuano

H3-3D's with GCU that will work with Naza M v2 SHOULD be available next week. I am waiting for mine ! :D

@ the OP - ElGuano is correct - you already have a fully functioning Naza M v2 in your original Phantom (the giveaway is it's exactly the same firmware in both the stand alone Naza M v2 and the v1 Phantom!) and also the P2 H3-3D will not work in a v1 Phantom without a GCU (although I have heard rumours that a H3-2D GCU will work ;)

I received my H3-3D on Monday from B&H. I plan to mount it on my Phantom 1. I did a test last night and found that it will work with the upgrade board, so no need to buy a GMU.

oorah_1 said:
I did a test last night and found that it will work with the upgrade board, so no need to buy a GMU.

Very interesting...others have reported that it will not work with the upgrade board in a P1. We'll be anxious to hear your full flight test results.

I was planning to make an adapter, but after a internet search I found this:
DJI PART 49 ZH3-3D MOUNTING ADAPTER FOR PHANTOM

After a few phone calls, I think I may wait and see if it becomes available. I was told about two weeks. The main thing is the H3-3D does work with the upgrade board.

Attachments

• product_thumb.php.jpg
    product_thumb.php.jpg
    10.9 KB · Views: 680
why not just buy the vision shell and switch the guts from your phantom 1 into the shell
alot cheaper then buying a phantom 2 and you wont have to do any extra drilling

oorah_1 said:
I received my H3-3D on Monday from B&H. I plan to mount it on my Phantom 1. I did a test last night and found that it will work with the upgrade board, so no need to buy a GMU.

What test did you do to confirm that H3 works w/upgrade board? I'm curious myself...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers