Phantom 1.2.1 Stops and hovers unexpectedly

Reaction score
I have been flying my Phantom 1.2.1 for months without any (except self-inflicted) problems. Yesterday I was conducting some speed checks so that I could predict where my phantom was in space after a certain amount of flight time. I had the camera pointed straight down so I could relate time flown on the video to distance measured using Google Earth. After flying for 36 seconds at top speed (967 feet) the phantom stopped and hovered for 15 seconds or so while the right stick was still full forward. I switched to "home lock" and pulled back on the stick and it returned to me, but stopped again half-way home for 8 seconds before continuing home.

What could be causing this unexpected stop-and-hover behavior? My limit settings are 1000 meters horizontal and vertical, if that has any bearing.

I see two possibilities. Intermittent loss of signal from the transmitter: you could test that by watching the Phantom LED to see if it starts flashing fast yellow during those times. Or, more likely, do you have "Receiver advanced protection" turned on in the assistant? If so, that might be the problem. That makes it stop and hover if it sees no change in stick position for 20 seconds. And I suspect if you were doing straight full speed runs, your thumb might have been locked in the same spot and not moved for that long, triggering the above protection.

Mike

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31